Position: Principle Product Designer
Company: Triple Ring Technologies
Location: Newark CA US
Triple Ring Technologies, Inc. offers a unique environment for technically strong individuals. Headquartered in Newark, CA, we are an innovative research and development company that partners with clients to deliver product solutions. Our highly interdisciplinary team includes senior professionals from industry, finance, and academia, with extensive experience in medical device, life science, security, and industrial technologies. We both challenge and rely upon each other for technical excellence and for real-world engineering and commercial wisdom. Read about us at www.tripleringtech.com.
Triple Ring engages in fast paced project oriented work for our clients. Strong technical skills and a rigorous approach to engineering challenges are required. Leadership skills, the ability to think independently, and the willingness to work collaboratively are all important personal characteristics. This position is within Triple Ring’s Design group. The person in this roll will help create, document, and produce materials, presentations, reports and prototypes that support our clients. The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, while keeping things on time and organized is important. This position will report to the Director, Product Design.
- Working directly with internal and external teams, capture and maintain comprehensive design requirements
- Organize and conduct formative and summative studies
- Capture, document and integrate user workflows and task analysis into requirements
- Conduct research and present findings to support design decisions
- Create and present well-considered concepts
- Represent the voice of the users to project stakeholders
- Manage projects highly independently
Education, Experience, Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or related
- 10 or more years of experience in a combination of research, product development, industrial design, UX/UI and graphic design, required
- Hands on experience with formative studies required
- Demonstrated success commercializing products
- Demonstrated experience with rapid prototyping and commercial fabrication
- The ability to organize a highly complex set of inputs into a concise, actionable summary
- Functional understanding of mechanical, software, and electrical engineering functions and how they interact with each other to meet usability and branding requirements
- Proficient in Solidworks, including surfacing, as well as Illustrator, Photoshop, KeyShot
- Understanding of product development activities including materials selection, PCBA design, injection molding, and assembly
- Experience managing project schedules, budgets, and trade-offs; communicating and prioritizing project deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.
- Creativity, with the ability to collaborate successfully
- Experience with medical devices desired
Triple Ring Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.