Position: PROCESS ENGINEER
Location: Waynesboro VA US
Charles Koch, Koch Industries’ Chairman and CEO
As a member of the INVISTA team, you will also be part of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest privately-held companies in the world. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 100,000 people, with INVISTA representing more than 10,000 of those jobs worldwide. For more information on INVISTA, visit our website or watch this video to see how our business makes a difference.
INVISTA has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer at the Waynesboro, VA site. The site employs about 350 workers and manufactures LYCRA® fiber products that are Globally distributed and sold.
The primary role of a Process Engineer is to continuously identify options that will improve or optimize the manufacturing process. Additionally, the engineer will be a technical resource to Operations that will share knowledge and expertise of both equipment and process function. A key responsibility for this role will be a strong demonstrated focus on understanding and driving process interruptions to root cause. This position has a high level of autonomy and therefore requires a self-starter comfortable with challenging the status quo. Good communication skills both written and verbal are essential.
This position will offer the opportunity to greatly expand and strengthen engineering skills by working with Waynesboro’s Technical Team in identifying/analyzing process trends and creating/implementing targeted changes that will further improve and optimize the current process.
Desired Candidate Attributes:
- A high regard for integrity and compliance with all laws and regulations
- A strong commitment for driving failure analysis to root cause
- Initiative and urgency for delivering results focused on creating both short and long term value
- A strong desire to seek, use and share best knowledge in the workplace
- Recognizes the value of change and has the courage to drive change
- Openly practices teamwork and treats everyone with honesty and respect
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality work while prioritizing and being responsible for multiple programs with time sensitive deadlines
- Lead initiatives for process optimization to maximize measures of production, quality and yield
- Lead root cause investigations
- Work with operators, maintenance, technical professionals and site leadership to resolve problems in polymerization or spinning processes
- Work with the Global R&D team to scale up new products and processes
- Develop scopes, plans, estimates, and specifications for capital projects
- Mentor operators and maintenance personnel for deeper understanding of fundamental process operation and process equipment
- Troubleshoot finished product quality events
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- At least one year of work experience (or internship experience) in a technical, manufacturing or operations environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- At least 2 years of experience in a technical, manufacturing or operations environment
- At least one year of working experience which included batch time or continuous chemical processing
With leading brands including LYCRA®, COOLMAX®, CORDURA®, STAINMASTER® and ANTRON®, INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of chemical intermediates, polymers and fibers. The company’s advantaged technologies for nylon, spandex and polyester are used to produce clothing, carpet, car parts and countless other everyday products. Headquartered in the United States, INVISTA operates in more than 20 countries and has about 10,000 employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Digital Media Designer - January 20, 2018
- Webmaster & Digital Designer - January 20, 2018
- Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) - January 20, 2018