Position: Product Designer
Company: Holmes Custom
Location: Jacksonville FL US
The Holmes Custom Creative Department is looking for a talented graphic designer to come on board full time with our rapidly growing company. This person will be responsible for the creation of new products to retail on our sites, with a heavy focus on building out our website, Custom Signs.com. You will design and create new products based on an established calendar, adding input and brainstorming along the way. This designer must combine creativity and innovation with an understanding that sometimes, we just need a boring old Restroom Sign.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contributes to the planning of a product development calendar and then follows a roadmap for production creation
- Takes design direction from VP of Brand & Creative
- Works with Production Manager and production team to ensure designs meet production standards and can be produced properly
- Works with Product Distribution team to establish Tech Stack for new products
- Creates Autotypset, functional production artwork files in addition to creating web-ready images
- Writes some content for products that are designed
- Gets products onto upload sheet for product distribution according to established guidelines and standards. Must be detail oriented and willing to learn the process.
- Produces a minimum of 60 designs per week
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years design experience or product development experience
- Expert in Adobe Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Positive attitude with a willingness to do what it takes
- Flexible and willing to learn new programs such as Corel Draw
- Note: Experience in a sign or copy shop is a tremendous plus!
Flexible work hours, paid time off, Company holidays and events. Wonderful work culture and environment. Join a growing company and have fun while you are doing it!
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Design: 2 years
- sign or copy shop: 2 years
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Clerk Typist 2 Department for Disability Access & Advising - April 25, 2018
- Videography Intern - April 25, 2018
- Digital Print Production / Designer - April 25, 2018