Position: Product Designer
Location: Rancho Cucamonga CA US
- Conceptualize and accurately sketch multiple design ideas that represent target customer.
- Act as fashion authority to drive brand designs and point of view.
- Effectively collaborate with design team, overseas studio, and pattern maker, sample maker
- Meet all milestones and calendar due dates.
- Select fabric, yarn and trims, materials, components
- Research appropriate materials, silhouettes and components.
- Prepare and present sketches
- Research and analyze trends and competitive brands.
- Create compelling cross category concepts across- print, woven & knit
- General understanding of development and production processes
- Working knowledge of sewing construction and understanding of pattern-making
- Familiarity with design characteristics and knowledge of fabrics
- Enthusiasm for design, fabrics and product development
- A good eye for color, proportions and functionality of product
- Strong team player with positive demeanor; comfortable working with multiple functional areas
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, bending, using cutting instruments, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Travel to China, Europe, to attend tradeshows, production QC, and other general tasks as needed.
- Minimum 1-3 years of product design and/or illustration experience with a major retailer, brand or design firm.
- Ability to design concepts that are consumer focused.
- Design experience in developing icons, prints, repeat patterns & graphics is required.
- Knowledge in surface design, and applying design to product
- Must have a of proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with overseas manufacturers and vendors to develop innovative products lines preferred.
- Must provide a sample of work portfolio to be considered.
Salary Based on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- Product Design: 2 years
Broadcast Beat Magazine is an Official NAB Show Media partner and we cover Broadcast Engineering, Radio & TV Technology for the Animation, Broadcasting, Motion Picture and Post Production industries. We cover industry events and conventions like BroadcastAsia, CCW, IBC, SIGGRAPH, Digital Asset Symposium and more!
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Clerk Typist 2 Department for Disability Access & Advising - April 25, 2018
- Videography Intern - April 25, 2018
- Digital Print Production / Designer - April 25, 2018