Position: Product Designer – Footwear
Company: Washington Shoe Company
Location: Kent WA US
Position : Product Designer – Footwear
Founded in 1891, Washington Shoe Company is a 4th generation family owned and operated Footwear Company located in Kent, WA.
Washington Shoe Company brands operate in an exhilarating, high-performance team environment that is also casual and fun. If you are looking for an amazing career challenge with a growing organization that strives for excellence in all things; encourages creative thinking and intelligent risk-taking; we’re waiting for you!
The Designer will research, conceptualize, and execute on footwear and accessory designs while maintaining the overall look and feel of the brand and its direction. As a member of the product design and development team, you will partner with the design director to plan and create collections for multiple categories. As the owner of your designs, you will work with the product developers and suppliers to oversee and facilitate the development process from start to finish.
- Create both trend and market driven footwear designs for various markets and categories.
- Research and present trend and market briefs to use as a base for your designs.
- Partner with product developers to create designs based on cost and capability while maintaining design concept and brand integrity.
- Collaborate with sourcing and costing team to ensure designs meet cost objectives.
- Facilitate proto and sample development with product developers and overseas suppliers on a daily basis
- Sample and material library organization
- Partner with developers and production team to provide support for product information, testing, duty, and more.*
- 2 or more years of experience in apparel or footwear industry in a design or development role.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of color standards, materials, footwear construction
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Strong sense of trend and the fashion industry.
- Ability to recognize design details and color differences.
- Strong time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Hand-Sketch and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel) skills a plus.
- Lastly, a passion for product.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and examples of previous work (if available). Position is located in Kent, WA.No relocation. EOE/DOE. FT/M-F.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Design: 2 years
- footwear: 2 years