The ATTO ThunderLink SH 3128 is now shipping and this powerful Thunderbolt 3 to 12Gg SAS/SATA adapter will give users fast and reliable storage connection over extremely low latency and high bandwidth data transfers. This unit offers 12Gb/s SAS/SATA connection for all 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 (2-port) platforms. Tested in the most demanding environments such as the media and entertainment for HDD’s, SSD’s, and latest LTO-8 tape drives the ThunderLink 3128 provides faster ROI for storage expansion needs for those “on-the-fly” situations. Bottom line is the ease of connecting Thunderbolt 3 to 12Gb SAS/SATA adapter outfitted with LTO 8 tape drives provides a simple and affordable means to store, archive and transport large amounts of content. This combination is a cost effective way to manage media files and their ever-increasing sizes (UHD, 4K, 3D, etc.).
“The anticipated Thunderbolt 3 to 12Gb SAS/SATA adapter enhances the industry’s broadest portfolio of Thunderbolt adapters for storage and network connectivity,” said Tom Kolniak, senior director of marketing at ATTO Technology, Inc. “What sets ATTO apart is our extensive history of SAS/SATA development, creating Thunderbolt solutions and working to create products which are optimized to meet modern workflow demands.”
- Up to 2750MB/s maximum throughput via USB-C Ports
- Dual 40Gb Thunderbolt with Display Port and device daisy-chain support
- US model: includes 110V power cord
- EU model: includes CEE 7/7 (SHUKO) power cord and BS 1363 UK10 power cord
- Supports up to 3500 drives or tape drives via expanders
- Supports macOS® and Windows®
- Exclusive Advanced Data Streaming (ADS™) Technology
- ATTO Config Tool, a Graphical User Interface, for customized performance settings
- Proven interoperability with support for leading storage hardware & software vendors
- 3-year standard product warranty
- RoHS Compliant
- Compatible with latest Thunderbolt 2 Apple hosts via legacy adapter
- Kensington Security Slot for additional security via Kensington Lock
- Includes locking power supply to fasten directly and securely with ATTO Thunderbolt adapters
The ThunderLink 3128 is the latest in ATTO ThunderLink adapters providing solutions in Thunderbolt 3 and 2 environments for Fibre Channel, Ethernet and SAS/SATA connectivity. ThunderLink adapters deliver creative, engineering and technical professionals a high performance and low latency Thunderbolt connectivity solution engineered for applications where optimized performance and high throughput are essential. ThunderLink 3128 has been certified for both Mac® and Windows® and supports the latest Thunderbolt 3 platforms including all-in-ones and desktop and mobile workstations.
For more information and to browse the entire ATTO Technology family of connectivity solutions, visit: www.atto.com.
For 30 years, ATTO Technology, Inc. has been a global leader across the IT and media and entertainment markets, specializing in storage and network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for the most data-intensive computing environments. ATTO works collaboratively with partners to deliver a wide range of end-to-end, customized solutions to better store, manage and deliver big data. With a focus toward markets that require higher performance and with a dedication to working as an extension of customer’s design teams, ATTO manufacturers host and RAID adapters, network adapters, storage controllers, Thunderbolt™ enabled adapters and software. ATTO solutions provide a high level of connectivity to all storage interfaces, including Fibre Channel, SAS, SATA, iSCSI, 40/10GbE, NVMe and Thunderbolt. Distributing its cutting-edge products worldwide through Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), systems integrators, value added resellers (VARs) and authorized resellers, ATTO is the Power Behind the Storage.
About Broadcast Beat
Located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Broadcast Beat (broadcastbeat.com) is a next-generation digital publication covering the broadcast, motion picture and post-production industry. The company has separated itself from other publications by building a production facility dedicated to product reviews and “best practice” discussions. Broadcast Beat also features written articles by experienced professionals, giving peer-to-peer insight on technical information that matters most in the design, building & maintenance of broadcast & production facilities.
Latest posts by Bridgid Harchick (see all)
- Dejero and Draganfly the Ideal Match! - July 10, 2018
- Jeff Smith Selected As Vice President, Americas by Lawo - June 27, 2018
- Product Spotlight: ATTO ThunderLink SH 3128 Now Shipping! - May 15, 2018