The highly anticipated ATTO XstreamCORE ET 8200 storage controller is now shipping. This top of rack controller enables multiple client servers to remotely access and share all SAS storage over Ethernet with a minor added latency of only 2 micro-seconds. The parallel processing capabilities of ATTO developed chipsets designed with xCORE™ Data Acceleration technology with multiple parallel I/O acceleration engines allows for data movement at an extremely fast rate and the lossless RDMA Ethernet protocol iSER (iSCSI Extensions for RDMA) and integrates with your SSD or HDD based JBOD storage to create a high bandwidth shared storage solution. Design with the ability to have any brand of storage or enclosure and geared for high performance and large capacity use cases, including storage disaggregation, hyperscale data centers fast block storage, high performance computing and imaging, databases and financial applications.
“XstreamCORE is a better way to build high performance scale up / scale-out storage, it really is as simple as separating the high-value storage controller from the commodity storage components,” said Tim Klein, CEO of ATTO Technology, Inc. “Using ATTO XstreamCORE controller combined with any brand of SAS storage and client side software allows our OEM customers to build the most powerful and flexible enterprise-class storage for their server, cluster or cloud solutions. XstreamCORE sits between storage and compute disaggregating the various components, allowing more flexibility to architect solutions based on their customers compute and storage needs.”
The ATTO XstreamCORE ET 8200 is centralized, rack-scale flash storage controller that shares and remotely connects up to 960 SAS SSD or HDD drives. XstreamCORE ET 8200 converts 12Gb and 6Gb SAS/SATA storage to 40Gb Ethernet allowing direct attached JBOD or JBOF storage to be remotely accessed by any authorized user. Designed for highly reliable installations, XstreamCORE has redundant, field replaceable power supplies, allows independent scaling of storage and compute and enables use lower cost SAS/SATA drives and enclosures to be shared over Ethernet networks.
Provided below are product overview and specifications:
The XstreamCORE ET 8200 achieves up to 1.2M 4K IOPS and 6.4GB/s throughput per controller with only 2 microseconds of added latency. XstreamCORE supports Extended Copy (LID1) data mover commands and will offload up to 5.2GB/s of data from CPU, memory, networks and storage fabrics leaving more resources for VMs and applications running on the host. Build solutions with up to 960 SAS SSD/HDD devices behind a pair of controllers and better manage, monitor and utilize this storage with current and future features built into XstreamCORE.
ATTO XstreamCORE Storage Controllers can be tuned for various applications that require common features and services for storage. Contact us to discuss development or co-development of services and features to tightly integrate with your solution. Embedded form factor is also available. (OEM only)
- xCORE™ Acceleration Technology to eliminate bottlenecks
- eCORE™ Control Engine adds common, open storage services
- Up to 6400MB/s sustained transfer rate
- Up to 1.2M 4K IOPS
- 2 microsecond end-to-end latency
- Supports RAID arrays (Multiple LUNs behind a target)
- Supports up to 960 drives using JBOD/JBOF enclosures
- Supports SAS and SATA flash solid state disk drives (SSD)
- Supports SAS and SATA hard disk drives
- Multi-initiator access for all attached storage
- Support for Extended Copy (LID1) to offload CPU, memory and storage fabrics
- Host LUN Mapping initiator to LUN mapping
- Drive Map Director™ patented SAS device mapping
- XstreamView Storage Manager for easy remote configuration, management and diagnostic capabilities
- Built in temperature monitoring
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies
- SNMP and SNMP MIB support
- 2 year standard product warranty
- Optional 5 year total warranty and advanced replacement available
- Top-of-rack controller
- No batteries
- Two 40Gb/s Ethernet ports
- Auto negotiates to 40Gb, 10Gb or 1Gb Ethernet
- Includes two optical 40Gb/s QSFP+ modules
- Four x4 12Gb/s Mini-SAS HD connectors (16 phys)
- Supports SAS processor devices
- Statistic Reporting for SAS and Fibre Channel ports
- RoHS Compliant
- Advanced integration available for OEM applications
- XstreamCORE uses ATTO patented technology (US Patents #US7836225B2, US8291132B2, US7788324B2, US8504770B2)
“XstreamCORE is a unique offering that replaces any type of target mode server with a self-contained external storage controller which requires little to no setup, maintenance or downtime,” said Peter Donnelly, Manager of Products at ATTO. “In addition ATTO integrated eCORE™ Control Engine technology provides un-accelerated command processing for management and storage services, OEM integration with full access to all on-chip resources and drivers with common services that include multi-initiator access to SAS/SATA devices, storage routing, diagnostics, one pane of glass interfacing and host mapping functions.”
For 30 years, ATTO Technology, Inc. has been a global leader across the IT and media and entertainment markets, specializing in storage and network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for the most data-intensive computing environments. ATTO works collaboratively with partners to deliver a wide range of end-to-end, customized solutions to better store, manage and deliver big data. With a focus toward markets that require higher performance and with a dedication to working as an extension of customer’s design teams, ATTO manufacturers host and RAID adapters, network adapters, storage controllers, Thunderbolt™ enabled adapters and software. ATTO solutions provide a high level of connectivity to all storage interfaces, including Fibre Channel, SAS, SATA, iSCSI, 40/10GbE, NVMe and Thunderbolt. Distributing its cutting-edge products worldwide through Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), systems integrators, value added resellers (VARs) and authorized resellers, ATTO is the Power Behind the Storage. To browse the entire ATTO Technology family of connectivity solutions, visit: www.atto.com.
Matt and his family currently reside in the Washington, D.C metro area.