Position: Production Designer
Company: American Airlines Center
Location: Dallas TX US
American Airlines Center is one of the nation’s top arenas. Since openings its doors in 2001, American Airlines Center has been setting the precedent for sporting and live entertainment events. Bringing in a variety of big name shows and housing both the Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Stars.
At American Airlines Center, we value our employees and what they bring to the company, but more importantly to the guest experience. We are seeking a talented and creative Production Designer to join our Audio Visual team. The Production Designer creates, organizes and manages sponsorship content for display on the Broadcast services Digital Media Network. These services are revenue producing in nature and support the directives of COC Sales, Marketing, the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars game presentations, COC Commercial sponsors and third-party clients. Assists the Production Services (PS) Manager in coordinating all aspects of audio/video production and supervises the part-time Commercial Insertion Operators and the RF Technicians (Runners).
Supervises the Commercial Insertion Operators and the RF Technicians (Runners). Creates the content, develops the work flow plan, and imparts those directives to the CI Operator and RF Technicians to execute.
Essential Functions: include the following;
- Manages recording, editing and coordination of sponsor content supplied by COC sales, marketing, 3rd party clients and Teams to be displayed on the COC Digital Media Network during live events.
- Coordinates all incoming traffic instructions and delivers “As Played” documentation of all commercial content to the COC sales dept. in order to ensure the contractual requirements of advertisers are met.
- Creates content using Adobe CC – Photoshop, After-Effects, and Premiere design software.
- Creates and designs graphics such as TV score bugs, L-bar advertising, countdown clocks, and other sponsor related content as directed by sales, marketing, commercial clients and team producers.
- Assists the PS Manager to create, edit, produce, and develop content for live and post production events.
- Assists the PS Manager with 3rd Party production coordination for AV projects in Victory Plaza, the arena, clubs, concourses and meeting rooms as required.
- Works with 3rd party clients to exchange digital files via FTP web sites.
- Performs daytime CI duties for WFAA news presentations to the south Plaza screen.
- Fills in as backup operator for the CI Operator or RF Technician during Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars games and third party events, when they are unavailable to perform these duties.
- Organizes and maintains the master database of video archives stored at the AAC facility.
- Performs technical tasks such as converting files, downloading content, and video digitizing and ingestion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Broadcasting, Communications or in a related field preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in commercial editing and or production/post-production facility work
- Knowledge of the technical work flow of a major sports Arena or large event venue a big plus
- Experience in HD television programming, non-linear editing, and graphic design a must
- Knowledge and experience in all concepts of television production, programming and commercial traffic
- Strong video editing and graphic design skills using Adobe CC – Photoshop, After-Effects, Premiere and design software
- Must have thorough knowledge of all media file types for conversion between computer and video systems
- Knowledge of budgeting for event and corporate television production preferred, as well as estimating time and materials required of assigned work projects
- High proficiency in the use of both PC and Mac computers
- Must have strong Microsoft Office suite skills
The qualified individual personifies our core values of INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK, PASSION, and EXCELLENCE at all times.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Ability to solve problems under severe time restraints;
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds unassisted;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, and close and distance vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events; the noise level may be loud.
- Employees must be able to work flexible hours/shifts in a 24/7 work environment; including evenings, weekends and holidays
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT – JOB ACCOMODATION REQUESTS
Any individual who requests a job accommodation due to a physical or mental impairment will require a dialogue with Human Resources to determine if the individual can perform the essential duties of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Medical documentation will be required to support any request for medical restrictions that impact job duties.