Position: Production Specialist
Location: Pleasanton CA US
Join our team and experience Workday!
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Production Specialist, Language Services
The Workday Language Services team is looking for a production specialist to help support the needs of content in multiple formats. In this position, you’ll work with content curators, product managers, marketing professionals and external vendors to field and manage requests for a variety of content output. You’ll use a variety of tools to finalize projects, delivering on time and within budget. You excel at details and are adept at picking up new applications. You enjoy having a lot of different things to do at the same time, yet easily focus on the details of each.
- Provide technical production support for recording of product videos.
- Finalize electronic documents for publication.
- Navigate Workday applications to take quality screen captures in other languages,
- Edit illustrations and screen captures according to defined standards and localization best practices.
- Efficiently manage multiple workflows, tasks, and projects.
- Create and maintain process instructions.
- Perform quality reviews and track results.
- Apply guidelines and standards to ensure content consistency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in source files and videos.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across Workday, including product manager and localization project managers.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in desktop publishing and video tools, including Camtasia, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Captivate, Caption Hub, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Microsoft Office .
- Experience editing and producing short videos.
- Familiarity with content management and applications and processes, including content management systems.
- Familiar with XML, HTML and XLIFF formats
- Basic design skills to correct final format to reflect intended layouts.
- Experience with electronic publishing tools and tasks, including creating macros, templates and form-fields; working with tables, tables of contents, headers, and footnotes.
- Self-directed learner with a continuous-improvement mindset; you adapt to change and seeks technologies and methods to improve tools, processes and products.
- Able to work independently and creatively to address problems and apply solutions.
- Attention to detail, organization, excellent time management, strong sense of deadlines, and professionalism.
- Team player, with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of another language besides English a definite plus.