Position: Production Support Engineer
Company: Deluxe Entertainment
Location: Burbank CA US
experiences to audiences, for more than 100 years.
Deluxe Creative companies house the world’s top talent. Deluxe Delivery enables content creators and providers to get their content to the world – in any format. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide,
Deluxe relies on 8,000 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Our company values are:
• Be Pioneers – We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity
• Pursue Diversity – Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business
• Act with Integrity – We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company
• Take Ownership – We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company
• Collaborate – Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support
• Exceed Expectations – We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations
About Deluxe OnDemand
Deluxe OnDemand™ is transforming content sourcing, processing and distribution. With our advanced video workflow management and turnkey content-supply solutions, Deluxe OnDemand makes it easier for service providers to offer premium content quickly and cost-effectively
across more devices. Deluxe OnDemand addresses a range of customer requirements to optimize or supplement existing VOD workflows, support IP-VOD applications, expand VOD/SVOD libraries, and quickly launch EST services and 4K UHD. Our cloud-based solutions
are a more scalable, cost-effective, and futureproof alternative to building-out new infrastructure. Deluxe OnDemand is commercially deployed by leading cable, telco, and OTT providers.
We are seeking a Production Support Engineer with 5+ years of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems Experience for our Burbank, CA location.
The position will be responsible for successful operations of D3 technology products and solutions that focus on video on demand (VOD), digital asset management (DAM), and digital video distribution
• Provide hardware and software support for systems providing Internet hosting of websites and services at a co-location facility and internal development network infrastructure
• Debug Application software including log parsing, and troubleshooting across multiple components on multiple servers
• Configure, troubleshoot and support servers, load balancers, storage arrays, network attached storage, network equipment and related peripherals
• Accurately document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution
• Work with and provide support to developers to implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems
• Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation, respond to alerts in a timely fashion, escalate issues as needed
• Maintain systems uptime of 99.99%.
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Office products and patching technologies
• 4+ years working in a high transaction, 24/7, web environment, and Application Programming Interface (API) calls
• Proficient in one or more scripting languages: PHP, Perl, Unix Shell Script, Powershell, or similar
• Experience with monitor solutions such as Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, or Solarwinds
• Solid networking fundamentals required. Must understand VLANs, basic Cisco IOS, DNS,
• Network Address Translation (NAT) and sub netting
• Willingness to work extended hours / weekends to meet project deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with Linux systems in large load balanced pools
• Experience deploying and troubleshooting LAMP and Tomcat solutions
• Experience working with various video formats, transcoding, and DRM
• Experience with SQL Queries and MongoDB/NoSQL databases
• Knowledge of backup systems and software
• Proficiency in Splunk or similar log parsing
• Experience with implementing monitoring solutions and scripts, familiarity with monitoring REST, SOAP based web services
• Knowledge of performance testing and capacity planning strategies
• Experience with best practices for change management and code releases. Some exposure to continuous integration and related technologies beneficial
If you’re an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we’d like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.