Position: Retail Production Coordinator, Contract
Company: Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
Location: San Mateo CA US
- Review incoming job orders to determine the scope of the project and manage expectations
- Gather all info pertinent to the produced unit including templates, dimensions, materials, etc.
- Oversee and obtain production/material quotes, timelines and distribution information
- Direct and manage multiple print production projects
- Review proofs for accuracy: branding, spelling, key art, retailer specifics
- Manage the process of shipping, kitting, and delivery
- Coordinate daily with internal design team, retail team, as well as external agencies and vendors
- Design new displays by measuring in-store display areas, creating templates, and testing materials
- Manage print vendor relationships
- Provide Daily and Weekly summaries to managers and management
- Ability to manage dynamic quantities and timelines for many project
- Knowledge of print production (materials, schedules, proofing, kitting, shipping/tracking)
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail and proofing skills
- Critical thinking, self-starter, with a high passion and drive for the industry and medium
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with composure and ease, and adapt to fluid situations
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, adjusting priorities, timing and solutions quickly.
- Effective and thorough communication on project statuses/challenges/solutions
- Client-facing and able to pitch new ideas to a wide audience
- Focused on deadlines and quality
- Prior vendor selection, cost negotiation and project bidding experience required.
- Design/Agency experience preferred, but not required.
- In-store and retail experience preferred.
- Must be competent with the following computer skills: Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of online proofing software, cloud based project tracking tools preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- +2 years mid to high level project management experience required
- Agency, gaming, or entertainment industry experience is preferred
- Onsite gym with subsidized membership and free fitness classes for members
- On-campus cafeteria and coffee shop
- Free arcade and pool tables
- Up to $130 mass transit commuter reimbursement
- $40/mo work phone reimbursement
- Group health and dental plans
- Sponsored game launch parties and giveaways
- Subsidized onsite laundry and dry cleaning drop-off service
- Annual employee pop-up store with heavily discounted games, peripherals, apparel, and accessories
- Free access to certain game industry conferences and events
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.