Position: Senior Production Design Manager
Location: Redwood City CA US
Senior Production Design Manager
The Brand Creative team for one of the world’s most recognized technology companies is seeking a senior production design manager to manage a team of production designers that work alongside in house designers to create and manage the visual assets across Marketing, Events, and Sports & Hospitality Programs. This position will work closely with the Creative Director and Brand Experience Director to define processes for production engagement, manage team workloads, define and allocate work flows, and develop/maintain budget allocation for production contractors. This position will also require the ability to create final production assets for all aspects such as environmental/event, promotional, and merchandise and will direct external vendors responsible for producing, fabrication, and placement of environmental graphics.
The senior production design manager will be responsible for ensuring all partner and customer facing marketing collateral is aligned with Oracle’s design principles and maintains a high level of quality. This individual will have an eye for detail and enjoy the technical aspect of design.
- Manage a team of production designers
- Define production best practices and establish production lead time
- Forecast and plan production resources to keep the studio running smoothly
- Define and develop production based training for internal team to keep the team up to speed with current production techniques
- Hands-on creation or production of print-ready graphic files
- Edit / optimize photos and graphics, including scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging
- Adhere to brand standards and design templates
- Work with Creative Director and Design Director to ensure the technical quality, continuity and accuracy of each piece or project
- Manage quality of work throughout all phases of a given project
- Review designs and mock-ups before routing to internal teams
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Understand project workflow, digital file management and backup systems
- Help manage and maintain creative team’s server libraries, including archiving and updating graphic files
Profile and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital design, visual communications or graphic arts
- Minimum 5 – 10 years related experience
- Experience with management
- Demonstrated knowledge of design principles and practices: layout/composition, color theory, typography, balance, composition, and current design trends
- Extreme attention to detail with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Great self-motivation, organizational and communication skills
- Must be good at collaborating across teams, departments and offices
- Familiarity with production requirements and material catalogs
- Experienced working with outside vendors, i.e. printers, and exhibit vendors
Adobe CC proficiency in Illustrator, lnDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro
Basic knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Working with various graphic formats for print; knowledge of optimal format to use based on the particular application
Knowledge of print production, pre-flight processes and software is essential
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a key member of the Marketing Mgmt team, direct the development of company marketing programs.
Implement and manage advertising / public relations and communication activities within the context of the overall corporate plan for the achievement of short and long term business objectives, increased profit and market control; as defined and communicated by higher management. Manage subordinates to meet business targets and best practice solutions: this will include coaching and development of team members. Disseminate key corporate information pertaining to new product development/launches. Liaise with management to ensure that marketing activities are in support of sales plans. Direct marketing resources and budget to be deployed using the most appropriate marketing mix for the geography. Ensure consistency between global directions and single-geography / product implementation choices. Maintain necessary contact with major suppliers, agencies, customers, industry associations and government representatives to achieve marketing objectives. Provide effective performance management: set clear goals for all staff, provide regular feedback on performance and conduct a formal appraisal at the conclusion of the fiscal year. Manage the activities of the staff according to overall marketing strategies and budgets. Implement organizational changes in line with changing business and market needs.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. Software business management experience. Sales and Marketing experience in the IT industry. E-business + Internet practical know-how. Professional credentials in Marketing, Academic credentials desirable. Past experience in Sales desirable.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- The North Face: Digital Creative Services Project Manager - December 18, 2017
- Audio Engineer - December 18, 2017
- Associate Product Developer - December 18, 2017