Position: Senior Software Engineer in Test
Location: Los Gatos CA US
Testing the gamut of user experiences and innovations on various browsers and operating systems can be challenging. We are looking to improve our testing strategies and approaches to ensure the best possible experience for our users. As a senior engineer in test, you will develop scalable testing strategies, write automation scripts, and build tools and tests as needed to ensure the health of our product and improve the efficiency of the team.
About the team
The Web UI team works closely with many internal partners ranging from product managers, designers, data scientists, streaming algorithms teams, and at times with content creators, to build exciting new features that are scientifically AB tested. The versatility of the web platform enables us to test our bleeding edge product features quickly to gain valuable insight that may be applied across all of our Netflix streaming applications.
We are passionate about building the best possible experience on the web across different browsers and operating systems. We use React and Node.js to create an immersive single page app that is used by millions of people, worldwide, everyday to stream their favorite shows and movies. With native browser streaming, our challenge is to create a highly optimized application that can run on a variety of devices and networks.
What you will do
- Help develop and evangelize automation strategies for testing
- Leverage our automated testing infrastructure to write test scripts for both UI and backend data sources.
- Collaborate with our UI engineers and internal partners for the duration of the project cycle, from concept to production.
- Work closely with our operations team to help build the tools and infrastructure needed for our automation testing requirements.
- Build tools, dashboards, and alerting to help with application health as well as developer productivity.
What we are looking for
- An expert in test automation with experience writing test-automation cases
- Experience with cross browser automation testing
- Experience creating tests at various levels, including integration, smoke, stress, and performance; understand the strengths and weaknesses of each level
- Ability to partner with other teams to find optimal solutions to challenging problems
- A passion for breaking things and creating great software to do so
Nice to haves
- Experience testing adaptive video streaming applications
- Experience testing accessible UIs for people with disabilities
- Advanced engineering degree
- You will have tremendous impact: you will shape and ship our product to millions of people around the world.
- We hire people who want to make an impact and are given the freedom to deliver that.
- We work to attract the most talented people and pay top of market accordingly.
- The Netflix culture. Not just a slide deck but something we practice in our day-to-day.
- Hack day: build the next killer Netflix feature or something fun
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- YouTube Personality and Brand Ambassador, Content Creator - July 21, 2018
- Studio Manager - July 21, 2018
- Senior Video Engineer - July 21, 2018