Download SPROCKIT Brochure HERE!
Starting a company is easy. Building a company that can scale and change the world is hard! Having a great idea that solves a big problem, building an All Star team and raising capital is just the beginning. You need to get your product in front of the right companies, in the right places at the right time. Enter SPROCKIT: the Best-of-the-Best market-ready game-changing media and entertainment companies ready to rock it! They have been judged by industry and peers to have the potential for stardom. Being invited to participate in SPROCKIT is recognition and access to the industry’s elite. In all accounts, a startup chosen by SPROCKIT has reached a certain level of status – they are ready.
SPROCKIT is building alliances between today’s industry giants and tomorrow’s new elite in bringing new products to market that are revolutionizing the industry. Those selected to participate in the program often enjoy rapid growth, increased influence and advantageous partnerships. They are shaping the future of media and entertainment. Currently enjoying its fifth year, SPROCKIT will showcase up to 30 market-ready companies, at the 2017 NAB Show in Las Vegas, and assemble during the year at SPROCKIT Sync, a group of private forums where industry executives and entrepreneurs meet three times a year for day-long meetings in the technology (Silicon Valley), media (New York City) and entertainment (Los Angeles) hubs to collectively discuss new technologies that will advance the industry. Nearly 100 emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT, many of which have experienced successful funding rounds, partnerships and acquisitions, since SPROCKIT began in 2013.
NAB Show is the world’s largest and most important media and entertainment event. With over 102,000 attendees from 160+ countries and more than 1,800 exhibitors, NAB Show attendees represent billions of dollars in purchasing power. Within the NAB Show, SPROCKIT is the place to see and be seen. It is where industries go. Gordon Smith, CEO and President of the National Association of Broadcaster speaking about SPROCKIT says it best, “If we care about NAB Show… if we care about this industry, then we need to keep seeding it with the leaders of tomorrow – and that’s you! We are so pleased to be associated with SPROCKIT.”
After the NAB Show, SPROCKIT Sync meetings continue the collaboration in intimate private settings at the offices of the corporate partners. These are the very people who are charged with seeking out and driving innovation for their firms. They are the right people from the right companies to be meeting with SPROCKIT start-ups. SPROCKIT helps these market leaders find and partner with the next generation of innovators. Corporate members include: Cox Media Group, Fox Networks Group, HCL Technologies, Hearst Television, Samsung Global Innovation Center, TEGNA Inc., Univision Communications Inc., and Verizon Digital Media Services. In these meetings, relationships are forged and partnerships are explored. There are group discussions, presentations, 1-on-1 meetings, as well as receptions and dinners that place the start-ups in front of the decision-makers. The corporates trust SPROCKIT to deliver value and quality – and they haven’t disappointed. Working side-by-side with corporate decision makers at Sync meetings is very different than flying on a plane for a one-hour meeting and then trying to follow-up for months at a time. Sync puts you in the inner circle, with the right companies, in the right places at the right time.
The first 10 participating companies in this year’s SPROCKIT program are:
- dotstudioPRO enables companies and network partners to deliver content directly to consumers via websites and branded applications and across OTT platforms.
- Epidemic Sound offers a global direct license that enables media companies to easily distribute content across all platforms.
- Ex Machina develops apps and multiscreen strategies for media companies and advertisers seeking engagement solutions for TV programs and live streams.
- Guidebox puts video apps in front of users when they are searching for content on AppleTV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast and more.
- ICX Media is a digital video management and data analytics platform for media companies, brands, digital video producers and creators.
- Streamroot enables content providers to offer better quality video while improving the economics of OTT delivery.
- TV introduces the only end-to-end solution for easily managing, distributing and monetizing individual interactive TV channels and broadcasting networks, including a cloud-based linear TV channel and countless on demand, VOD/OTT, and live broadcasting possibilities.
- Wildmoka allows broadcasters and content owners to clip individual moments from live TV and events and share them across web, mobile and social platforms.
- Vertebrae’s native solutions bring the world of virtual and augmented reality advertising to brands. The headset-agnostic platform acts as a conduit and pipeline connecting advertisers with developers and publishers.
- Vydeo is a patent-pending platform and software development kit for third party apps to interact with users via video.
SPROCKIT is still accepting applications for participation and will be inviting companies on a rolling basis. The application deadline to secure space for the 2017 NAB Show is March 13. Applications may be submitted online here.
For more information about SPROCKIT, please visit SPROCKITglory.com.
SPROCKIT is the media, entertainment and technology alliance of corporate executives and industry-vetted emerging companies showcasing and collaborating on products, services and new revenue models. SPROCKIT, in collaboration with and support from the NAB Show, shines the spotlight on the industry’s most promising market-ready start-ups from around the world. SPROCKIT start-ups have proven products, customers, and are ready to scale Learn more at SPROCKITglory.com.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 22-27, 2017 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest electronic media show covering the creation, management and delivery of content across all platforms. With more than 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.