Position: Studio Engineer– Freelance
Company: Pole To Win International
Location: Marina del Rey CA US
FREELANCE- Experienced Recording Studio Engineer
This is a great opportunity for an experienced recording studio engineer to freelance in our brand new recording studio facility in LA. This is a company that for many years has played a pivotal role in some of the industry’s most widely acclaimed games dialogue, and next gen has been no exception.
As a Freelance Recording Studio Engineer in the company’s LA facility, you will be responsible for the smooth running of games dialogue recording sessions for a multitude of games, from indie mobile to AAA console, helping to ensure the timely completion of agreed deliverables and milestones, to a very high standard. As an outsourcer it’s this that brings clients back, and it’s returning clients that keep the awards coming.
This engineering position does not include music recording or production, nor sound design. Side specializes in game voice over recording.
- Engineer studio sessions – from wild dialogue recording to full mixing.
- Prepare studio sessions’ assets such as audio and video reference files and dialogue scripts.
- Maintain studios and studio equipment as is practicable.
- Record location audio at motion capture stages.
- 4+ years’ experience as an engineer in a commercial post production recording studio, ideally working for some time with dialogue / ADR recording.
- Experienced user of Pro Tools and other DAWs.
- 100% comfortable with and enthused by audio / video / IT technology in general.
- Excellent client facing and internal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Both a self-starter, able to work alone as and where necessary, and a team player, able to muck in at all levels to get the job done.
- Comfortable both taking instruction from senior members of staff and giving instruction to junior members of staff.
- Experience recording dialogue on location / at a mocap shoot.
- Experience multi-micing to record an ensemble cast.
- A good working knowledge of video codecs and capture.
- A good working knowledge of lighting for video.
- A good working knowledge of Excel.
- Any knowledge of Visual Basic.
- Any working knowledge of servers and networking.
- An interest in developments within the industry and the consequential growth of the company in terms of services on offer / lines of business, etc.
- An interest in games and/or games production, making conversing with clients easier and more productive.
Rate: $40/hour (this work would be 1099 work, unlike the rest of our staff).
Availability: July 20th through August 10th – potential for additional freelance work in the future.
Work: Part time ad-hoc (i.e. no set hours, it would be as needed based on recording sessions being scheduled. No guarantee of hours beyond 16 hours of training)
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 /hour
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Digital Media Designer - January 20, 2018
- Webmaster & Digital Designer - January 20, 2018
- Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) - January 20, 2018