Position: Summer ’18 Interaction Designer Intern-Samsung Pay
Company: Samsung Research America
Location: Mountain View CA US
Samsung is looking for a passionate and highly collaborative Intern Interaction Designer to join our Samsung Pay UX Design team in Mountain View, CA. We are seeking intern designers who are entrepreneurial, critical thinkers, and innovators who are energized to re-imagine the way people interact with each other and their content in a digital world. As a designer within Samsung Pay you’ll be in the unique position to see your work shipped to millions of users within weeks of approval.
- Develop workflows, IA, user task analysis, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, navigational flows, and interactive prototypes.
- Develop high-level creative concepts for projects; help to refine and further develop these concepts into complete, functional design systems.
- Define user model and user interface for mobile devices and align them with other devices including televisions, audio devices, and appliances.
- Collaborate with Visual and Motion Designers to conceptualize, design, build, and extend user experiences.
- Work with UX researchers to observe user studies and leverage research findings for insights and design improvements.
- Create and present design solutions that bring the user story to life. M
- Maintain cultural awareness of the design landscape with respect to current and future trends.
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates systems thinking and core skills across a variety of categories and formats.
- Solid formal academic background in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or related field, or commensurate work experience; advanced degree a plus.
- Fluency with common design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote) for the creation of design artifacts and presentations.
- Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi, to help design thinking process as well as communicate concepts to team members.
- Strong verbal/written communication and storytelling skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts.
- An understanding of iterative prototyping as an essential part of the design process.
- Design experience for consumer electronics devices. 10ft UI design experience is a plus, but not absolutely required.
- Openness to critique and curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives.
- High comfort level in working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines.
- A passion for creating designs which are simple, elegant and useful as well as beautiful, approachable and playful.
- A strong point of view with a healthy dose of humility.