Position: Technical Program Manager, Executive and Event Production
Location: Mountain View CA US
The Executive and Event Production team manages production support for on-campus Google meetings and events to create flawless event experiences. You will be a part of the team responsible for operating and maintaining audio visual infrastructure in speciality venues for live events. Equipment involved includes broadcast video systems, live sound reinforcement systems and theatrical lighting installations.
In this role, you’re a technical expert regarding the team’s installed venue infrastructure. These systems are innovative, and installed in a manner and scale atypical for the industry. You will serve as the primary liaison with both architectural and system design teams to achieve facility theatrical production goals.
You will have a proven track record of design, installation, and/or operation of broadcast systems, as well as production of live corporate events. Critical to this role is the ability to act proactively, with minimal supervision, as an integral part of a team, and development/maintain relationships across various departments and vendors.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work — from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Act as the team expert on installed broadcast systems; and be responsible for both the knowledge and documentation.
- Create technical requirements for event production spaces, for design by a partner team in Audio/Visual Engineering.
- Be responsible for the aesthetic design of the theatrical experience within the production spaces: stage, set, displays, camera angles, etc.
- Manage technical resources required from external production companies, and be the technical liaison for incoming production companies and manage relationships with vendors for systems maintenance and innovative technology for use in the production spaces.
- Act as Technical Manager/Stage Manager directing crews (freelance or vendor), and manage state of the art digital and analog audio/visual equipment.
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant experience working as an Audio/Visual professional in large productions in a theatrical setting or large entertainment production.
- Experience in Audio/Visual and Video Conferencing design and system integration.
- Experience in project management and coordination in large scale Audio/Visual integration projects.
- Understanding of both current and emerging state of the art industry standards in the following disciplines: Audio Technician, Video Engineer, Lighting Board Operator, Camera Operator, Stage Manager, Multicam Director, and Editor.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of extremely sensitive internal and external proprietary information and production tool sets.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Ability to travel periodically as required.