Position: Technical Support Specialist III / Hosting
Company: State of Utah
Location: UT US
This job is a full time, temporary position that will last until October 2020. If the agency sees a need for further work they may continue funding beyond the end date.
- Act as a technical lead for projects, tasks, incidents and key team player in the hosting group
- Support the server environment
- Maintain and manage all aspects of Linux server maintenance
The Ideal Candidate:
The best candidate should have:
- Experience in Linux/Unix and Oracle Virtual Machine (Oracle VM) System Administration
- High level of expertise and broad experience in system administration and hosting
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and efficiently under pressure in a production environment
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, installation and configurations
- Experience with TCP/IP Networking
Preference may be given to those with at least four years of Linux and /or Oracle VM system administration experience with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly.
Why join our team?
Joining our team means an opportunity to make a difference in the IT world along with the satisfaction of helping individuals as well as agencies. You will receive great health and retirement benefits, such as, generous paid time off so you can spend more time with your family and have a positive work life balance. Click here to view a summary of all the benefits we offer.
To learn more about The Department of Technology Services please Click here for a short video.
- Experience with multiple Linux distros.
- Ability to install in-house, open source, and vendor based software.
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Experience with file System management (LVM, Quota’s, etc.) including NFS, and CIFS.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel configuration.
- Knowledge of common Windows technologies. (AD, IIS, MSSQL. NTFS ACLs, etc.)
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies.
- Experience with large-scale (multiple-TB) SAN and NAS environments.
- Hands on experience with scripting.
- Excellent project planning skills, highly organized, and the ability to complete projects with little supervision, on time and under budget.
- Employment contingent upon being able to pass a drug screening and a background check.
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand; walk over rough surfaces; bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.