Position: Training Specialist
Company: United States Steel
Location: Pittsburgh PA US
Located at our Headquarters office in Pittsburgh, PA, this position will support the development and delivery of human capital capability programs for the Talent Management (TM) organization (including Learning & Development (L&D), Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) and Organizational Development (OD)). This position will report to the Director of Talent Management. The position will administer, maintain and oversee TM programs by coordinating training, conducting small trainings, coordinating outside vendors, managing classroom set up, monitoring and tracking completion of training through LMS system, review and create training reports, and communicate training issues to management. Position will ensure the quality of TM programming by managing the assessment of content, building new training materials as needed, and reinforce adult learning strategies. The position participates in the development of the talent philosophy and creation of the enterprise learning and standards.
Description of Essential Duties of the Job:
- Support TM leader in development of skills, leadership behaviors and curriculum with clear objectives tied to human capital capability programs.
- Assist TM leader with design and implementing all TM processes. Facilitates implementation of appropriate change management initiatives associated with organizational transition activities.
- Seen as a TM resource that can support and deliver proven talent solutions to clients throughout the organization.
- Design, develop and organize training content, manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Present information, using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
- Partners with HRBPs to identify and address root causes of TM issues
- Identify and influence actions related to TM opportunities including organization design, change management, employee engagement, and team development
- Schedule and coordinate training programs and workshops including instructor schedules, participant schedules instructional materials and equipment, and teaching aids.
- Organize production and design of curriculum materials
- Support general administrative duties as assigned. Including – Manage, process, and archive department invoices, assist with tuition program.
- Support the planning and execution of employee engagement projects and events (examples, Town Halls, BRMs, BRG Events, Carnegie Way Events, etc.).
- Assist with the preparation of executive succession planning materials for Board of Directors.
- Provide guidance and support to HRBP on talent initiatives.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to help develop TM solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintain inventory of all training material for all classes locally and work with training coordinators at other locations to assist in their material inventory and delivery needs.
- Maintain training documentation, including class evaluations, accordance with company record-retention procedures.
- Monitor training cost to ensure budget is not exceeded, and assist TM leader in preparing budgets.
- Coordinate relationships with vendors and learning institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred in HR or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Business, MIS or HR discipline (Generalist, Training, Org Dev, etc); experience in an HR organization preferred, but not required.
- Deep understanding and experience in delivering TM solutions and methodologies, to include change management.
- Experience and ability to translate and deliver feedback and recommendations from assessment results to employees.
- Informed on HR and Talent industry practices and/or best practices, methodologies, and solution providers.
- Experience in developing teams, talent, & coaching internal clients.
- Ability to lead meetings, both in-person and telephonically.
- Take initiative (proactive vs. reactive) to identify and anticipate our client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Strong organization, communication, time management, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated project management. Ability to bring projects to completion on time, on budget and meeting customer requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and handle competing priorities under pressure while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information.
- Excellent consulting, influencing change, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a customer focused mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to package information in a clear/concise presentation and /or document.
- High level of experience in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work within a corporate Learning Management system, Human Resources Information Systems and other software systems supporting TM processes.
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Relevant industry experience a plus
Broadcast Beat Magazine is an Official NAB Show Media partner and we cover Broadcast Engineering, Radio & TV Technology for the Animation, Broadcasting, Motion Picture and Post Production industries. We cover industry events and conventions like BroadcastAsia, CCW, IBC, SIGGRAPH, Digital Asset Symposium and more!