Position: UX Engineer, Design (Mobile)
Location: Kirkland WA US
The Communications UX team works on Google’s real-time consumer communication products, including Allo and Duo, Project Fi, and components of the Android ecosystem.
As a UX Engineer on the team, you will build high fidelity, rich interaction prototypes of communication experiences across voice, video and text products. You will work closely with interaction and motion designers to create a compelling interactive vision to explore novel interactions, build testable prototypes for usability studies, set the bar for polish and animation quality, and assist with final production implementation.
You work independently on many projects, but also incorporate feedback from team members across the organization. You will use your experience to drive medium to large-sized tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion.The impact of your work is huge as Google touches millions of users every day.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Assist front-end engineers with final development of Google products.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of developing mobile applications or websites
- Experience developing natively on mobile platforms (Android or iOS).
- 4 years of experience developing clean, valid and novel mobile applications.
- Experience with animation and motion frameworks.
- Strong, demonstrated fluency in Java/Android SDK or Objective C/Swift/Xcode.
- Deep understanding of UX practices and processes, including user-centered design and research.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Clerk Typist 2 Department for Disability Access & Advising - April 25, 2018
- Videography Intern - April 25, 2018
- Digital Print Production / Designer - April 25, 2018