Position: Video Conferencing and Integration Engineer
Location: Mountain View CA US
Video Conferencing & Integration Engineer
LOCATIONS: Mountain View
We’re looking for a video conferencing authority with top skills and a passion for using technology to connect and empower people worldwide. This position works with the Manager of Audio Visual Operations, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the highly available VC and AV environment that lets employees communicate and collaborate easily and intuitively across functional and geographic boundaries.
You will have a keen sense for industry trends and emerging technologies that improve employee productivity and satisfaction, as well as the ability to work across boundaries to deliver results.
You’ll need a working knowledge of a broad set of communication technologies including room and desktop video conferencing, audio/visual equipment, streaming technologies, and standard conference room infrastructure.
The operational side of the job includes systems design/configuration, documentation, software installation and upgrades, technical support/troubleshooting, hardware builds, standards definition, new feature implementation, and system performance measurement and tuning.
A significant percentage of this job time is spent working with AV vendors, designing meeting and event spaces and working onsite to deliver completed projects globally.
- Multiple years of video conferencing infrastructure experience deploying and supporting Video Conferencing hardware and Virtual Appliances in a highly distributed environment.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with applicable networking, sysadmin & Security teams
- Current experience designing and deploying integrated conference room systems.
- Experience deploying, supporting, and documenting video streaming infrastructure such as Wowza, VBrick, or similar.
- Deep understanding of collaboration protocols such as SIP, SCCP, H.323, G.711, H.264 and SVC.
- Familiarity with modern networking concepts and designs. Comfortable troubleshooting AV systems as they traverse internal networks and the internet.
- Experience with Crestron, Extron, ClearOne, Biamp and Christie product lines including monitoring systems like Splunk and Fusion.
- Ability to establish and follow policies and change procedures for infrastructure administration, and follow standard methodologies for enterprise monitoring, problem solving and maintenance.
- Work with key business users to understand the business requirements and potential collaboration solutions within the current architecture.
- Actively identify potential production issue and recommend and implement solutions.
- Act as the point of contact for all lower level support issues and be able to perform support and follow through to resolution for local issues affecting the business.
- Experience working with project management frameworks.
- Assess and perform systems utilization and headroom reports to used in performance tuning and issue resolution.
- Build and maintain detailed systems documentation and post to shares for team information sharing
- Experience in a user-focused, privacy-aware, technical-support environment
- Ability to perform 7×24 on-call duty with team members
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
- Ability to think logically and analyze application and business process requirements.
- Comfortable with the concept of learning from mistakes made, but knowing when to ask for help.
- Attention to Detail with an eye to organized, structured workload aligned with department Objectives and measuring associated Key Results.
- Ability to regularly travel world wide.
- Leadership qualities and strong procedural and architectural documentation skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to handle various tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, exciting environment
- Motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
CTS, CTS-D, Vidyo VC-DSE, additional AV Vendor certifications are considered a plus.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- PROFESSIONAL OFFICE ASSISTANT - June 21, 2017
- Market Research/Financial Content Internship (work remotely and no calls!) - June 21, 2017
- Professional Color Advisor - June 21, 2017