Position: Video Editor
Location: Boulder CO US
Video Editor Position
About This Position:
The Video Editor organizes raw footage, images, voice overs, music, and special effects into polished pieces suitable for public audiences. The Video Editor will be focused on editing existing FATV videos using templates as well as creating some original video content throughout the year. The Video Editor must be comfortable working collaboratively with the other members of the FATV Creative Team. A successful Video Editor will bring creativity and passion to this role, as well as experience with, and understanding of, video editing/creation using Final Cut Pro X software.
This job is a full-time position. This is primarily a work from home position somewhere in the greater Denver area, with bi-monthly meetings with teammates at the FATV office in Boulder, CO as needed. This will enable the proper candidate considerable flexibility of schedule with some portion of regular hours required within normal business hours. This role reports into the FATV Creative team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Organize footage, images, music, special effects and other aspects in a way that conveys the intended message to target audiences
- Maintain existing library of videos, versioning and applying periodic Federal Financial Aid updates as needed with specifics delivered from the Content Team
- Creatively interpret client ideas from design to concept and final output, while ensuring client satisfaction and approval
- Edit videos for post-production, such as color correction, graphics, animation, typography
- Strategic use stock footages and images with minor sourcing of original assets
- Ensure videos adhere to brand guidelines and appropriate templates
- Propose new video styles and concepts as appropriate
- Master finished products in timely manner, post content into video sharing platform, and archive video projects
- Depending on the skill and ability of the candidate, he/she may be asked to shoot footage and work with a director to achieve desired end result
- Preferred BA or BS in communications, marketing, broadcasting, or film
- 2-5 years of editing experience with video editing
- Expert knowledge of Final Cut Pro X software
- Experience with utilizing Motion and Adobe Suite software like, Photoshop and Illustrator, with Final Cut Pro X
- Experience with After Effects, Whiteboarding, and/or 3D or related software is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical information, concepts and instructions to others
- Ability to multi-task and re-assess competing priorities
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to analyze data given and provide a summary of results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detailed, organized and efficient
- Must not be satisfied with the status quo, as we are striving always to improve
- ABOVE ALL ELSE, POSSESS A CAN-DO ATTITUDE!
Required Application Materials:
Cover letter, resume, and example reels
FATV is a 15-year old award-winning niche content and technology company based in Boulder, CO that works directly with colleges and universities. Schools tap into FATV’s customizable online platform and content library to engage and educate their students and prospects through easy-to-understand online videos, visual imagery, and outreach tools. *
FATV specializes in answering student questions and promoting greater understanding of concepts related to paying for college, academic progress, and student success.
FATV has a growing library of creative online content, including over 2,000 1-3 minute informational and tutorial videos that are maintained and updated annually (democlientcustom.financialaidtv.com/). In addition, FATV creates new format concepts all the time. Most videos are short and use a variety of creative video styles. FATV oversees all content development in collaboration with school clients.
It is an exciting time at FATV as we have a wide variety of challenging projects and opportunities. We offer a very fun and collaborative work environment. FATV values a good quality of life. We have a Boulder-based team, with the remainder of the team remotely stationed across the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Boulder, CO 80302
- Video Editing: 3 years
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- The North Face: Digital Creative Services Project Manager - December 18, 2017
- Audio Engineer - December 18, 2017
- Associate Product Developer - December 18, 2017