Position: Video & Photography Specialist
Location: Los Altos CA US
KiwiCo is an innovative ecommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. Committed to helping young innovators build their creative confidence and problem-solving skills, we offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors, and we were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Los Altos.
KiwiCo is seeking a Videographer responsible for concepting, shooting, and editing our video and photo assets. This role will be creating videos used in support of our products, to be run as online ads, and to be shared via our content marketing channels.
This is rewarding and rich position that requires someone who is highly skilled in both editing and camera work, and also is comfortable planning and testing out new concepts. This position requires someone with a very strong aesthetic sense and eye for design, as well as a broad operating range who can think and plan strategically and act quickly against the day-to-day execution. Responsibilities include:
- Create online and TV ads to promote our products. Work closely with the marketing team to make sure the video creative supports their goals.
- Create fun, compelling content videos. Work closely with the content creation team to develop videos that are educational, sharable, and fun to watch.
- Efficiently capture video clips and still photos of our products. Maintain an organized library of photo/video assets for use across the company.
- Work with our child models (ages 0-17) to capture lifestyle still photos and video clips for a variety of uses. Create a fun, positive experience for them, while capturing the shots we need.
- Maintain our visual standards for video and for still photos. Experiment with shooting, lighting, and retouching to help us continue to develop and improve our style.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of videography experience and strong experience with editing videos in Adobe Premier. You’re confident both behind the camera and in the editor’s chair.
- Superb aesthetic skills. You have a great eye and are able to take any request and find a compelling and attractive way to capture it in video or in a still photo.
- Great communication skills. You’re highly collaborative, able to work within cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization, and able to give and receive feedback well.
- Strong organizational skills. You’re great at keeping a production running smoothly and you always keep your project files organized, tagged, and available for other team members.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, small company environment, under pressure and working toward aggressive timelines. You can multitask and meet deadlines while still paying attention to details and executing flawlessly. You have the ability to balance and productively resolve pressing demands and timelines in order to deliver against the company vision and goals.
- Resourceful and Flexible. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion – and do whatever it takes to make it a success. You are comfortable with the rapid pace of change in a small, nimble team. You are an innovative thinker and can solve problems creatively.
- Passionate about education. You love our young customers and understand how to communicate with them in a fun and relatable way.
- Experience working with a small startup.
- Experience working with a marketing team.
- Experience with still photography.
- Experience with photos for retail products
Please include a cover letter highlighting your background and describing your interest in addition to your resume, along with a link to an online portfolio of your work. Applications without cover letters and portfolios will not be considered.