About the job
We are committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry, government and civil society leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
With offices in New York and San Francisco, the organization is impartial and not tied to any political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American subsidiary of the World Economic Forum, the international organization for public-private cooperation, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
The video team is responsible for producing content that gets millions of views each month and has expanded the overall reach of digital platforms. We are looking for an established video producer to help develop our video formats and storytelling approaches. The team works across a variety of formats, from daily social video content, animations, explainers, report launches, profile and idea shorts, as well as institutional and event related projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Shoot and edit high-quality video content in line with the Forum’s standards, with a focus on creating engaging video output for social media channels
* Work closely with our Digital Team to identify, script and edit daily video stories, drawing on the Forum’s expert community for input where possible
* Managing and operate the video recording studio in our NY office
* Be responsible for media asset management, transcoding and archiving
* Film and edit internal communication content, as required
Qualifications and Skills:
* Bachelor degree and at least 5 years of experience in creating quality video content
* Excellent creative and technical command of cameras, lenses, lighting, sound and post-production processes
* Well-versed in shooting interviews, b-roll and event-based footage
* Developed understanding of online news cycles and a proven ability to tell stories to social media audiences
* Strong editorial judgement, experienced in researching and writing social media video scripts
* Able to juggle competing requirements without compromising quality or storytelling
* Extensive experience with non-linear editing using Adobe Premiere Pro, as well the ability to perform colour correction and sound mixing
* Familiar with studio operations, video mixing and distribution systems, podcast recording and editing
* Motion graphics experience with Adobe After Effects is highly preferred
* Able to work under tight deadlines in a busy environment, constantly juggling many competing demands
* Experienced team player with excellent communication skills
Please apply online and provide us with examples of your work, specifying your exact involvement in the content. Applications that do not include examples of work will not be considered.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Webmaster & Digital Designer - January 20, 2018
- Digital Imaging Specialist I (Video Production Specialist) - January 20, 2018
- Content Production Manager - January 20, 2018