Position: Video Production Intern
Company: Rochester Honkers Baseball Club
Location: Rochester MN US
The Rochester Honkers Baseball Club has a non-paid internship (bonus paid upon satisfactory completion at the end of the internship) available for 2 students wishing to pursue a career in Sports Video Broadcast / Production. This summer internship opens in May and lasts through mid-August. Our interns will acquire real-time working experience in a professional organization modeled after minor league and professional baseball.
Duties of the internship may include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and Broadcast the 4-camera live HD Webcast including pre-game and post-game package
- Camera selection, switching, graphic overlays, commercials, highlight clips.
- Manage 3 camera people
- Maintain all video broadcast / production & press box equipment – Includes set up and tear down
- 4 HD cameras and stands / HD Video Equipment and PC Computer/Monitors
- Scoreboard/Radar Gun /PA/Music
- Create commercials/slides/creative’s to be incorporated into the HD video broadcast
- Setting up Wirecast graphics
- Filming players during batting practice and bullpens for scouts to view.
- Create a post-game highlight package for every home game
- Posting on Website and YouTube
- Work directly with the HD streaming company and Northwoods League to ensure smooth broadcast
- Make a season highlights DVD
- Assist in game day operations
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro for PC/MAC Photoshop (or photo editing programs) / Website Editing / Adobe InDesign or Corel Draw / Microsoft Office Products is required/ Willingness to learn new technology!
All interns are expected to work outside of their “internship position” to do what it takes to assist the ball club in ALL aspects of operations and will be called upon to assist and take on many duties and responsibilities. Internship hours are extremely non typical of a “work day”. All interns are expected to work exceptionally long hours in the first couple of weeks leading up and into the opening of the season.
Candidates for the internship must demonstrate an energetic “can-do” attitude, a willingness to work as part of a team, strong communication (phone, verbal and written) skills, knowledge of video editing software, You Tube (both Mac and PC based) knowledge, audio software, excellent computer skills, ability to manage people, work well in a fast-paced environment, and knowledge of the game of baseball.
The Rochester Honkers are a member of the Northwoods League, the premier summer collegiate league made up of 20 teams spread throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, North Dakota and Canada. The Rochester Honkers have won a league-best Five NWL Championships and run approximately 40,000 fans through Mayo Field each year. The upcoming season will run approximately from late May through mid-August.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and references to Dan Litzinger, Rochester Honkers Baseball Club. PO BOX 482, Rochester, MN 55903 OR Visit northwoodsleague.com/rochester-honkers/team/employment/summer-internships/ to get more information how to email information.
Job Type: Internship
- school experience in the field: 1 year