Position: Video Production Manager
Location: Boulder CO US
The18 is a fast-growing digital soccer media company guided by our vision and values. Our vision is simply: Be Better. Like the great players and teams in sports, we are constant in our pursuit of being the best we can be. Our values are: passion for sport, accountability for actions and outcomes, excellence in everything we do, and community.
Today, we see 25M+ monthly content engagements across platforms, including 10M+ video views. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and forward-looking media company, with a passionate, positive team working together to achieve big goals.
We are looking for a talented production manager to join our in-house video studio. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly organized and able to manage many moving parts simultaneously. This person is a logistics wizard, is excellent at project management and has outstanding problem solving skills. The ideal candidate is also a developer of ideas, can bring those ideas to life (for example, as a compelling script) and is a strong researcher.
This hire will work with our in-house team of videographers and editors to produce original video content that is highly entertaining and that brings to life soccer news and culture from many angles. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the idea identification and production process and ensuring it goes seamlessly.
If you are solutions-oriented in the face of challenges, someone who works hard and has the grit to get the job done, while also collaborating and having fun along the way, then you just might be the right person for this position.
We are looking for a positive, accountable and entrepreneurial-minded person who will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have one to four years professional experience as a production manager or coordinator or another job with directly transferable skills
- Be extremely organized – keeping track of important details, putting together detailed and realistic schedules, and managing multiple projects a once while keeping everything on track
- Have an ability to identify, understand and bring to life highly engaging video concepts and to map out a process that will take that concept from idea to reality in a compelling way
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for logistics, seeing how moving parts fit together ahead of time and planning for contingencies
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, able to bring concepts to life, lead ideation sessions, liaison with talent and partners and convince people of the benefits of working with us
- Be personable – able to interact with talent, partners and anyone else involved in the production process and to have them feel at ease and confident
- Be a problem solver, able to think on his or her feet when things go wrong
- Work with an entrepreneurial mindset, approaching tasks flexibly and with creativity, often managing multiple projects at once
- Have a passion for soccer (either as a fan, player or both)
To apply, please submit:
- Cover Letter
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Production: 1 year