Position: Video Production Manager
Company: City of Johns Creek
Location: Johns Creek GA US
The Video Production Manager reports to the Communications Director and is an exempt role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Video Production Manager will lead efforts to provide the public, City Council Members,l and staff with credible and timely information primarily through video content, both live, recorded, and animated.
The duties and responsibilities of the Video Production Manager include but are not limited to:
- Assist in research and development of video content that effectively explains city issues, processes, and projects.
- Develop and edit video content in order to support the department’s online educational, news and information efforts.
- Develop video content that promotes the city’s public information efforts; and serve as on-camera talent and director when required.
- Develop new and creative outreach/education ideas in keeping with overall Communications and Marketing strategic plans and presents them for consideration – carrying approved ideas through implementation.
- Coordinate and/or produce original video spots and public service announcements including current events, training videos and department highlight videos.
- Assist with the design and development of electronically generated graphics to be used in conjunction with program production.
- Lead live streaming video production of events and moments of interest via cameras, smart phones, and tablets.
- Assist with writing and editing content for electronic and print communication channels, including news releases, website, brochures, flyers, speaking notes, newsletters, presentations, and other communications materials, and contribute to social media platforms and postings (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Nextdoor, etc).
- Assist in coordinating special events including press conferences, open houses, ceremonies, and other public functions.
- Assist with photographing or video-taping special City events and promotions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintains self-composure and integrity.
- Exercise good judgment at all times.
- Remain flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends.
- Quickly respond to emails, texts, and phone messages in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills.
- Exhibit influencing skills.
- Must be a proactive team player and problem solver with an eye for details
- Strong knowledge of all production and post production processes, formats and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A proven track record in creative execution, on time and on budget.
- Exceptional English communication skills (verbal and written), using correct grammar and spelling.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills.
- Ability to report and update management effectively.
- Forethought to keep knowledgeable of the latest trends in video and multimedia production, and contribute to technical discussions about same.
- Preferred candidates are familiar with Tricaster, LiveStream and green screen techniques.
- Write and present effectively in 1:1 and group situations.
- Log footage and catalogues production.
- When required, assist with responses to citizen inquiries.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Entertainment, Radio/Television/Film, Mass Media, Journalism, or a related field from an accredited college/university.
- Two or more years of experience in public-related information outreach efforts, broadcast journalism, and/or communications.
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience of which at least two years previous experience and/or training includes video production, script writing, creating original programming, television production, and writing.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history, and independent transportation to attend all essential functions.
- Experience with video editing and animation software, using standard office equipment and computer software/programs, website content management, desktop publishing, photo editing programs; and experience with social media platforms.
- Specific experience with the following is a plus:
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Creative Suite including:
- Premier Pro
- After Effects
- Animate CC
- Lighting and Sound
- Working knowledge of non-linear editing system.
- Working knowledge of editing software.
While performing duties of job, employee typically handles office equipment, objects, or controls and frequently communicates with others. Moderate physical exertion is present because of some stooping and kneeling required. Employee will sit or stand for long periods of time and may occasionally move up to 20 pounds. Will require travel to various events within the City, between facilities, and to external agencies.
Employee will work in a generally comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal. Great mental effort is required daily; moderate mental pressure and fatigue exist during a normal workday due to constant exposure to deadlines; frequent contact with high-profile individuals.