Position: Video Specialist
Company: City of Lewisville, TX
Location: Lewisville TX US
Produces and airs programming on the City cable channel and online outlets including program development and production. Performs minor maintenance on professional video equipment.
- Produces suitable programming for air on the City cable channel.
- Acquires programming from outside sources for on-air presentation and home viewing.
- Shoots, directs and edits programming.
- Assists departments in planning maximum utilization of audiovisual media.
- Trouble shoots media equipment problems.
- Produces and distributes relevant and suitable video for online outlets, website, and social media.
- Analyzes media problems and determines the best medium to use.
- Assists departments with script development and production scheduling.
- Produces programs and presentations for the City as needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in TV/Film/Radio Communication required, or an equivalent in formal education and experience.
1 year of work experience in a related field.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of camera operations, studio, and remote production, on and off-line editing techniques, and production switchers.
- Knowledge of online video distribution methods.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle a variety of situations and work under pressure.
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and imaginative.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly.
- Skill in use of personal computer including Microsoft Office, or similar e-mail, and the internet.
- Skills in camera operation, directing, lighting, editing, audio, and basic engineering.
- Skills in manipulating various editing software.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class "C" and good driving record as defined by City policy.