Position: Video Systems Engineer
Company: NFL – National Football League
Location: Culver City CA US
The National Football League Digital Media Group is looking for a Video Systems Engineer TPM. Our products are used by millions of fans daily, and we take great pride in our work. As a Video Systems Engineer TPM you will be joining a team that is shaping the future of the NFL’s digital media presence in the world. You must have a solid foundation in large volume M&E video delivery techniques for live and on-demand video streaming environments, including DRM, Closed Captioning, and Security. The role will require a strong collaborator on improvements and architectures in areas such as supporting our live video infrastructure, provisioning live feeds, deploying new VOD workflows, monitoring environments, escalating and resolving issues. He or she will be helping specify requirements, and project managing deployments.
- Support and maintain all daily live streaming events and Video on Demand infrastructure.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of video encoding/transcoding hardware/software issues and implement corrective solutions for live and VOD systems.
- Run, operate and produce live streaming events by coordinating with NFL Network TOC on acquisition of signal and must be solid with understanding video signal chains.
- Help architect and implement video production workflows where necessary to optimize and/or meet business requirements.
- We will be required to support environment during NFL live game windows (nights/weekends).
- Work closely with product groups and video groups to deliver a high quality of service for the video product.
- Configure, develop, test and implement appropriate codec settings for live video and on demand streaming.
- Consult and help implement new video services and/or products in furthering the evolution of the streaming ecosystem with a focus on scalability and high availability.
- Help define Video Requirements with Best Practices in mind.
- Conduct daily inspections of video streaming infrastructure,
- Maintain documentation of hardware maintenance, configuration, failures, removal, and installation.
- Cultivate relationships with current and existing vendors/partners to improve video quality of service and experience.
- Proven video streaming and media workflow experience and in-depth knowledge, and understanding of all streaming technologies.
- Extensive experience with live streaming encoders such as Elemental, Cisco, Kulabyte and ideally have managed events to large audiences.
- Up to date with all current and forthcoming streaming media technologies, i.e. MPEG 4 AVC, HEVC, Elemental, Harmonic, Telestream, Haivision, MPEG 2, UDP, RTMP, Akamai, Limelight, Level 3, H.265.
- Strong knowledge of Encoding Standards (H.264, AAC, GOP structure, I-P-B-frame schemes, profiles, bit-rates, aspect ratios)
- Understanding of Closed Caption Workflows for both VOD and Live, (.SCC, .VTT, Line 21, 608/708 etc)
- Knowledge of SAN storage such as Netapp, preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented with excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to non-technical personnel in a competent and concise way.
- Knowledge of streaming providers and vendors: CDN’s, Cloud Providers, OVP’s, Encoding Hardware, etc
- Strong Knowledge of Video Content Management Systems, video player development and securitization of video.
- Experience working with server software (Apache, Windows Server, Kulabyte, Flash Media Server, ffmpeg, x264, Telestream).
- Adept with Video Compression for multiple devices
- Ideal candidate will also have Ruby, Perl scripting knowledge.
- Linux administration experience.
- BS degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Solid troubleshooting experience is a MUST. (Linux/Mac/Windows)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Broadcast Beat Magazine is an Official NAB Show Media partner and we cover Broadcast Engineering, Radio & TV Technology for the Animation, Broadcasting, Motion Picture and Post Production industries. We cover industry events and conventions like BroadcastAsia, CCW, IBC, SIGGRAPH, Digital Asset Symposium and more!
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – Multicultural Development - October 19, 2017
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – NASCAR Foundation - October 19, 2017
- NASCAR Diversity Internship Program – Broadcasting - October 19, 2017