WHAT: At the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) 2015 exposition, General Dynamics Mission Systems products will highlight advancements in video production, editing and aerial photography solutions.
WHEN: April 13 – 16, 2015
WHERE: General Dynamics Imaging Technologies – Cineflex Booth C 8505 (Hall C)
General Dynamics MediaWare Booth SU 6505 (South Hall-upstairs)
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies Booth OE826 (Outside)
Las Vegas Convention Center
3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nev. 89109
Cineflex® C 8505 – Part of General Dynamics Imaging Technologies, the Cineflex family of high-performance, gyro-stabilized camera systems and components are used by filmmakers, cinematographers and electronic newsgathering organizations worldwide. Cineflex also offers software that streamlines post-production editing including Cineflex GEO+ that layers location-specific metadata onto the video to speed integration of Cineflex video with computer generated imagery or CGI.
Highlight: Reporters are invited to “Meet the Cineflex Cinematographers,” during a series of live 30-minute question and answer sessions:
Monday, April 13 at 2 p.m.: Colin Prescot is an aerial photographer and a stunt coordinator whose work included the opening ceremony at the 2012 London Olympics. Prescot’s aerial photography credits include the feature film, Skyfall and other James Bond franchise movies. He also did the aerial photography used in Black Hawk Down, the Harry Potter series and Body of Lies.
Tuesday, April 14:
- 10 a.m.: CHI Po-lin, director and aerial photographer of the 2010 Taipei Golden Horse award winning documentary “Beyond Beauty – Taiwan from Above”.
- 2 p.m.: Phil Beckett, managing director of Aerial Camera Systems, has won 12 Emmy® awards for work done at sporting events worldwide including the FIFA World Cup in 2014
- 4 p.m.: Stephane Azouze, digital imaging expert and aerial cinematographer, will talk about making the documentaries “HOME” (2008) and “HUMAN” (to be released in September 2015).
- Cineflex ULTRA™, high-definition, field interchangeable camera system. The ‘fast-swap’ capability accommodates RED, ARRI and Sony cameras and Canon, Fujinon and Angenieux lenses.
- Cineflex Rugged Turret: A new highly ruggedized turret (RT) is now available for all Cineflex camera systems.
General Dynamics Mediaware (South Hall –upstairs- Booth #6505)
Mediaware is a leading global provider of digital video technology. Mediaware products deliver alternate media workflows that reduce the total cost of ownership while increasing production efficiency across multiple production platforms including satellite, terrestrial, cable, and IP television.
- Mediaware Technology Matrix (Ma*trix): The new Ma*trix technology unites Mediaware’s real-time Instream processing technologies in a modular, scalable chassis for high-quality video delivery over ASI and IP. Ma*trix is a consolidated platform so operators can easily configure the company’s stream processing technologies using ‘pluggable’ software modules.
- HEVC 4K Ultra HD Ad Insertion with InStream Splice. A unified end-to-end play-out and ad insertion solution, InStream Splice is capable of frame accurately splicing HEVC at all resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K, reducing operational costs and breaking down barriers to launching local and compelling new HEVC services.
- InStream Flux and InStream Edit. Our MPEG-2 and H.264 editing solutions seamlessly captures, edits and creates file-based content without transcoding.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies OE826 (Outdoor exhibit area)
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies is a leading supplier of satellite communications products and services for video, voice and data transmission worldwide. The company offers a full line of services and products including fixed, mobile and flyaway antennas; radio frequency (RF) electronics products; control systems and very small aperture terminal (VSAT) antennas.
- Compact QuadMod SSPA – Plug and Play Replacement to TWTA: The Compact QuadMod SSPA is a completely modular RF amplifier system that offers 630 watts of useable RF power operating in the C-band. Based on patented technology used in our field-proven ModuMAX amplifiers, the Compact QuadMod SSPA utilizes hot-swappable RF modules, power supplies and electronic assemblies to maximize performance and minimize downtime in satellite communication systems.
- Model C140M 1.4-Meter Mobile Ku-Band Antenna: Comprised of a single-piece, carbon-fiber composite reflector, the novel design of this antenna provides a lightweight antenna with superior stiffness and reliable performance in windy conditions. The antenna also features exceptionally low side lobe and cross polarization signal performance that are well within Intelsat and Eutelsat requirements.
- Model 8550 Satellite Modem: The Model 8550 represents a breakthrough in satellite modem technology, possessing the ability to achieve effective bidirectional data rates from 100kbps up to 850Mbps. Fully DVB-S2 compliant, the 8550 also features proprietary “NS3” coding. With NS3, frequency “roll off” can be reduced to as little as five percent compared to 20 percent with other SCPC modems. This dramatic performance improvement translates directly to better spectral efficiency and reduced operating costs.
General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) combined the resources of Advanced Information Systems and C4 Systems as “General Dynamics Mission Systems” on January 1, 2015. For more information about General Dynamics Mission Systems, please visit gdmissionsystems.com and follow us on Twitter @GDMS.
- New High-Resolution Radar-as-a-Service Promises to Dramatically Change the Way TV Stations Cover Weather - November 29, 2022
- Motion Spell Deploys GPAC Open Source Software with NETFLIX to Build a Flexible Encoding and Packaging Platform - November 8, 2022
- iWedia to Deliver Android TV Custom Launcher for Innopia Technologies - November 8, 2022