For immediate release
300 dpi photo attached: Aaton Digital’s award winning CantarMini and CantarX3 location sound mixer-recorders
Paris, France, 26th May 2017:
Aaton Digital has announced a free Record & Play facility upgrade to owners of its Cantar X and Cantar Mini location sound recorders. The new Cantar Mini was the recipient of NewBay’s Best of Show Award, at the recent 2017 NAB Show by Pro Sound News. The CantarMini is based on the renowned CantarX3, winner of many awards and now widely recognised by the sound community as the ultimate digital 24 track location sound recorder, with many delivered and in daily use worldwide. US production mixer Chris Giles used his CantarX3 to record sound for the Academy Award winning movie ‘Moonlight’.
Aaton Digital’s CEO Jacques Delacoux said “Our family of Cantar sound recorders is growing fast and is acclaimed worldwide. When we design we build in the possibility to add features down the line and this new and very useful facility is an example of what is possible for our end users. Of course this feature now becomes standard on all new CantarX3s and Minis.”
The Record & Play facility allows clone, remix and solo music operation.
Cantar will be able to play a pre-selected file and record new files simultaneously without any latency. Presently this is quite a unique feature on a field recorder.
This exclusive feature offers many possibilities including:
– Add a new track to an already recorded piece (sound on sound – no latency)
– Clone your last take (all your iso tracks) and redo your mixdown track(s) – say you did a perfect mixdown except that you cut one track a liitle too early. Re record without losing your mixdown and remix just that one channel.
– Dialogue that cannot be saved from production tracks can be re-recorded (ADR or looping).
– Telephone call, background music or wild sounds stored, can be played and re-recorded (or not) during the ‘live’ recording.
It is an important function for a musician but also invaluable to remix some tracks in the film industry or add some sound tracks to existing ones.
This will be a free software update and will be issued in June, available as a software update from the Aaton Digital web site.
French Technologies for Film and Digital Cinematography
300 dpi photo attached:
Aaton Digital’s award winning CantarMini and CantarX3 location sound mixer-recorders
Contacts for further press information:
Stylus Media Consultants
Higher res photos by request to Stylus MC
- Transvideo: Latest and leading monitor products at Cine Gear 2019 - May 13, 2019
- See Aaton-Digital’s award-winning sound recorders at Cine Gear 2019 - May 13, 2019
- Decimator Design announces a 4K Cross Converter: 12G-CROSS - April 8, 2019