Position: Advanced Video Headend Engineer
Location: Greenwood Village CO US
This Advanced Video Headend Engineer Operations role will have a mix of transactional and project-based responsibilities, including but not limited to change activities and tier IV escalations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, development and validation of MOPs, implementing changes and keeping the team and appropriate distribution-lists updated as a change progresses through its life-cycle from planned, to scheduled, through to implementation and results.
- This role is largely transactional, it is expected that Advanced Video Headend Engineer will work under little supervision with strict prioritization.
- Advanced Video Headend Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring that monitoring plans are employed as documented and that monitoring is fully functional before hand-off to 24×7 NOC groups.
- Minimum of 6 years of in an Operations Engineering role providing day to day support for production and lab environments
- At least 3 years of experience with Video acquisition, encoding, packaging and distribution technologies, Also with CDN and DRM.
- At least 3 years troubleshooting experience in complex video environments
- At least 3 years of experience with basic networking technologies (TCP, UDP, IGMP, IPV4/IPV6, BGP, OSPF, Firewalls)
- Minimum of 3 years of solid technical writing / engineering documentation (will ask for examples)
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS); or equivalent training, education, and experience
- Experience with Video/Audio codecs and transport methodologies: MPEG2, AVC, DASH -TS AAC, AC-3, SCTE-35.
- Experience with Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) manifest structures (HLS, HSS, DASH-iso)
- Experience working with Adaptive Bitrate Encoders
- Experience working with Just-In-Time Packaging solutions
- Experience with Content Distribution Networks (CDNs)
- Experience with Alternate Content protocols; ESAM, ESNI, SCTE-35 (2014), Manifest tagging, VAST, VMAP, SCTE-130)
- Experience working with load balancing methodologies
- Experience with Video Storage devices and methodolgies
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills.
- Experience with Digital Rights Management (DRM) methodologies
- Experience with Unix operating systems including CENTOS
- Solid understanding of Ethernet Networks, TCP/IP, Anycast, HTTP(S)
- Experience working with IP Multicast and it’s supporting protocols; PIM and IGMPv3
- Ability to analyze network and system design, architecture, protocols, topology, and configurations
- Ability to utilize packet analysis tools and at reading network packet streams
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Experience with ACLs and Routing Policy
- Experience with Cisco DCM, and Dell Servers
- Experience with programming and markup languages such as Python, RUBY, PERL, XML