Position: After School Counselor/Video Production Instructor – Middle School
Company: Boys & Girls Harbor
Location: New York NY US
Boys & Girls Harbor, a non-profit whose mission is to empower children and their families to become full, productive participants in society through education, cultural enrichment, and social services, is currently seeking a Part Time Counselor for our After-school Program to lead a Video Production class for Middle School Students.
The Group Counselor is responsible for the general supervision and management of the children in the Harbor After school Program with the support and supervision of the Program Director.
- Set appropriate standards for the children’s behavior using non-punitive methods that teaches self-discipline while supporting children’s self-esteem.
- Provides careful and concentrated supervision for play areas to insure children’s safety and learning
- Promote mutual respect and models problem solving skills
- Plan and implement a variety of age-appropriate and theme related activities to include music, art, art drama, crafts, games, dancing, science/nature, and sports.
- Plan special events with the direction and support of the Director.
- Provide complete weekly planning sheets and a monthly calendar.
- Create and facilitate curriculum activities and areas to promote positive learning and experiences for the children in a safe and positive environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of youth work (Middle School) experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with planning and implementing age-related curriculum/themes/activities
- Demonstrated effective teaching strategies
- Experience with Video or Music Production
- Flexible schedule – afternoons from 2:20pm /5:20 pm
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we voluntarily encourage Diversity in the workplace. M/F/V/D.
Job Type: Part-time
- working with Middle School students: 1 year
- teaching Video Production: 1 year
- teaching Music production: 1 year