Introduces Metal support on macOS, full 2SI SMPTE raster support for 8K,
RGB support for 8K capture and playback and many other additions
Amsterdam, Netherlands, IBC Conference, Stand 7.C25 (September 13, 2019) – AJA Video Systems introduced Desktop Software v15.5 for KONA, Io and T-TAP products today at IBC 2019. The free software update features key performance enhancements that provide video professionals with enhanced creative freedom and workflow flexibility across Windows®, Linux® and macOS®, with improvements including full 2SI SMPTE raster support for 8K, RGB support for 8K capture and playback and new HDR Test Patterns in AJA Control Room.
Desktop Software v15.5 boasts full compatibility with macOS Catalina, and new support for Metal on macOS. These enhancements mean increased speed and creative support on Mac laptops and workstations including the new Mac Pro, where KONA 5 with its support for resolutions all the way up to 8K is a sure-fire winning partner.
“Desktop Software v15.5 is targeted at helping users achieve their intended creative vision, no matter the format or desktop operating system,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “Our KONA and Io products offer unprecedented connectivity, and the newest software upgrade features even better support for 8K workflows and new enhancements to power creative workflows on Windows, Linux and the latest macOS.”
Desktop Software v15.5 highlights include:
- Full compatibility with macOS Catalina
- New Metal support on macOS
- Full 2SI SMPTE raster support for 8K on KONA 5
- RGB support for 8K capture and playback on KONA 5
- HDR Test Patterns in AJA Control Panel
- New DirectShow support for KONA 5 and KONA IP
- Multiple enhancements across AJA Control Panel and AJA Control Room
- Support for Windows®, Linux® and macOS®
Pricing and Availability
Desktop Software v15.5 will be available this autumn as a free download from AJA’s support page.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
# # #
All trademarks referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Latest posts by News Feed (see all)
- Green Acres Upgrades Broadcasts to Reach Global Audiences - February 18, 2020
- Deluxe Toronto Takes “The Expanse” into HDR for Season Four - February 18, 2020
- AJA Ships HDR Image Analyzer 12G with 8K Support - February 12, 2020