Grass Valley (July 24, 2017)—AJA Video Systems v1.1 firmware for HELO – the company’s portable H.264 streaming and recording device – is now available as a free download from the AJA website. The latest update streamlines live streaming, encoding and recording content.
HELO v1.1 release highlights include:
- A recording and streaming scheduler that can be programmed locally through HELO’s web UI by importing ICS files or linking to external calendar providers such as Google Calendar
- Simultaneous redundant recording of one file to two media destinations
- Increased recording file segment duration of 360 minutes for TS (transport stream) files
- Support for up to 10 RTSP streams
- REST API documentation describing how to automate basic HELO functions
- Automatic power-on start encoding to stream and/or record
- Auto-reconnect and resume after streaming disconnect
- RTP and MPTS over UDP streaming with unicast and multicast support
- Expanded support for Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and appliances
- AWS™ Elemental Live encoder appliances and AWS Elemental Cloud
- Amino™ set-top boxes
- Wowza™ Appliance and Cloud
- Akamai™ and Akamai hosted services
HELO is an affordable, flexible H.264 streaming and recording stand-alone device. Combining SDI and HDMI I/O into a single appliance, it allows users to stream out to a CDN while simultaneously encoding and recording H.264 files to either SD cards, USB storage or network based storage. HELO is available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for a US MSRP of $1295. For more information, visit: www.aja.com/products/helo.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
All trademarks referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
- Brompton Technology to Share New LED Processing Innovations, Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary, at LDI Show - November 10, 2022
- LEDcave Berlin chooses Brompton’s LED processing for OBI summer campaign - November 2, 2022
- From Hellfest to Rock Werchter and NOS Alive – PRG chooses Brompton LED processing to fuel Metallica’s ‘The Return Of The European Summer Vacation’ tour - October 27, 2022