4K/UltraHD HDR monitoring and analysis with 12G-SDI connectivity
Amsterdam, Netherlands, IBC Conference, Stand 7.C25 (September 13, 2019) — AJA Video Systems announced the new HDR Image Analyzer 12G, bringing 12G-SDI connectivity to its powerful real-time HDR monitoring and analysis platform developed in partnership with Colorfront. The new product streamlines 4K/UltraHD HDR monitoring and analysis workflows by supporting the latest high-bandwidth 12G-SDI connectivity.
HDR Image Analyzer 12G offers waveform, histogram and vectorscope monitoring and analysis of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, HDR and WCG content for broadcast and OTT production, post-production, QC and mastering. It also features HDR capable monitor outputs that go beyond HD resolutions and offer incredible color accuracy for creating perfect video in addition to the ability to configure layouts to place the preferred tool where needed.
“Since its release, HDR Image Analyzer has powered HDR monitoring and analysis for a number of feature and episodic projects around the world. In listening to our customers and the industry, it became clear that a 12G version would streamline that work, so we developed the HDR Image Analyzer 12G which we’re proud to showcase at IBC this year,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
AJA’s production-proven video I/O technology integrates with respected HDR analysis tools from Colorfront in a compact 1RU chassis to bring HDR Image Analyzer 12G users a comprehensive toolset to monitor and analyze HDR formats, including PQ (Perceptual Quantizer) and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). Additional feature highlights include:
- Up to 4K/UltraHD 60p over 12G-SDI inputs, with loop through outputs
- UltraHD UI for native resolution picture display over DisplayPort
- Configurable layouts for placing desired tools in the preferred window
- Remote configuration, updates, logging and screenshot transfers via an integrated web UI
- Remote Desktop support
- Support for display referred SDR (Rec.709), HDR ST 2084/PQ and HLG analysis
- Support for scene referred ARRI®, Canon®, Panasonic®, RED® and Sony® camera color spaces
- Display and color processing lookup table (LUT) support
- Automatic color space conversion based on the award-winning Colorfront Engine™
- CIE graph, vectorscope, waveform and histogram support
- Nit levels and phase metering
- False color mode to easily spot pixels out of gamut or brightness
- Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
- Data analyzer with pixel picker
- Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
- File-based error logging with timecode
- Reference still store
- SDI auto signal detection
- Three-year warranty
HDR Image Analyzer 12G marks the third technology collaboration between AJA and Colorfront, following the release of HDR Image Analyzer and the integration of Colorfront Engine™ into AJA’s FS-HDR real-time HDR/WCG converter. Colorfront has exclusively licensed its Colorfront HDR Image Analyzer software to AJA for HDR Image Analyzer and HDR Image Analyzer 12G.
Pricing and Availability
HDR Image Analyzer 12G will be available this autumn through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $19995 US MSRP. To order or for more information, visit: www.aja.com/products/hdr-image-analyzer-12g.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
# # #
All trademarks referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Latest posts by News Feed (see all)
- AJA Upgrades IP Mini-Converter Receivers withNew UltraHD & Reference Input Support - September 13, 2019
- AJA Announces Desktop Software v15.5 - September 13, 2019
- AJA Introduces New openGear® Compatible Cards at IBC 2019 - September 13, 2019