UK, April 11, 2022 — Amino, the global media and entertainment technology solutions provider, and Consult Red, the technology R&D and RDK experts, announced today that Consult Red has provided software consulting services to enable Amino to provide its customers with devices running RDK on Amlogic SoC chips.
Consult Red has enabled Amino to integrate its advanced AminoOS software with RDK-V, providing operators with a simple way to benefit from the pre-certified OTT services and standards available through RDK and provide a seamless migration path between existing Amino 7 series and this new generation of devices.
“Consult Red was an ideal partner for us; not only do they have a great deal of experience of RDK software integration, but additionally they have already worked with Amlogic SoCs,” said Jonny McKee, VP Product Management & Customer Support, Amino. “The specialist experience of Consult Red ensured that the right architectural software decisions were made at the start of the project, enabling it to run smoothly and on time.”
“In the past, video operators looking for devices that provided power, flexibility and speed-to-market, couldn’t have all three – leading to deployments that were either inflexible, lacking features or slow to market,” said Rahul Mehra, CTO at Consult Red. “The investment made to support RDK at some of the world’s largest video operators means that all operators can now utilise RDK to quickly launch advanced video services that combine power and flexibility. We look forward to working with Amino moving forward, as they roll out RDK based devices that enable operators to meet consumer expectations for new video services enhanced by OTT content and apps.”
RDK: The Amino Advantage
Amino has been enabling IP video delivery for over 20 years. It is now bringing this experience to RDK, adding its expertise and advanced software solutions to enhance RDK-V, through:
• AminoOS eliminates the complexity previously associated with RDK deployments and pre-integrates components that enable our customers to reduce their time to market
• Support for existing AminoOS APIs enables our customers, without making code changes, to run the same middleware solution on next generation RDK-V devices as on earlier generations of Amino devices
• The combination of RDK and AminoOS enables operators to launch premium OTT apps and App stores much more easily than previously possible
• Amino Engage management tools help operators to centralise device management, software and app updates and enhance customer care, all without custom integration.
- Merapar Opens USA Office and Hires Media & Entertainment Technology Experts Dan DAlessandro and Mike Buckley - March 1, 2024
- Introducing Telestream’s DIVA 9: Intelligently Transforming How Media Companies Manage, Access, and Archive Media - February 29, 2024
- Altman Solon Survey: Sports leaders expect new technologies and changing consumer habits to drive innovations in content production - February 27, 2024