ANGA COM will see media technology pioneer Appear exhibit its leadership in efficiency, flexibility, sustainability and density
Appear, the global leader in media processing and delivery technology, will exhibit the full breadth and scale of its contribution, OTT, and distribution services that lead the industry in efficiency, flexibility, and density at ANGA COM 2023 (May 23-25). At its booth (Hall 7, B35), Appear will demonstrate to attendees how it supports global production companies, telcos and broadcasters to make immersive live experiences possible for viewers.
Appear offers competitive video transport solutions to tier one and two operators, broadcasters, production facilities, and content owners. The company has a long history of supporting leading media and telco conglomerates, serving the world’s leading media companies including NBCUniversal, Sky, Megacable, NEP, MLB, and NHL. Its solutions frequently outperform competitors in terms of sustainability, efficiency and rack density.
“We can’t wait to be back at the Cologne Fairgrounds interacting and engaging with our customers and partners and updating them on our latest news,” said Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen, CEO at Appear. “In the past few months alone, we have made several exciting announcements on the development of our contribution and OTT portfolio, all of which aim to continue delivering video in a more efficient, sustainable, and faster way. We look forward to welcoming visitors back to our booth again and reconnecting in person.”
A highlight on Appear’s booth will be information on its new, award-winning, hardware accelerated SRT solution. Available in its X Platform, the new technology will enable media companies to transport high-quality video at scale over the public internet without sacrificing on quality. In contribution, it supports up to 22 UHD camera feeds and as an SRT gateway, one X20 can handle up to 6,144 connections (12 cards x 512 connections per card) and up to 72G of SRT traffic. The X Platform won an NAB Show Excellence in Sustainability Award at the inaugural awards show at NAB Show 2023.
Appear will also be discussing how media companies can optimize their cloud strategy to best fit their needs. Visitors will learn how Appear has enabled Sappa, the leading Swedish telco, and A1 Croatia, one of Croatia’s largest telecommunications companies, to transform their live channel encoding and adapt their existing cloud-based workflows to Appear’s NEO20 on-premise solution to achieve lower costs, operational efficiencies, and maintain performance quality.
On Tuesday, 23rd May, Appear’s Product Owner Annette Hopland will take to the ANGA COM innovation stage to present a session discussing the importance of Trust Boundary solutions to safeguard IP media transport. Her session commences on the Innovation Stage, Hall 7, at 3:30pm CEST.
Appear products available for demos include:
- X Platform:A high-speed video networking, enhanced IP security and advanced compression solution for the remote production, contribution and distribution markets. It can fulfil the demands of applications such as sports and esports broadcast and be used as a compression head-end for OTT, IPTV, broadcast and for high-density satellite.
- NEO Series:A high-capacity, energy-efficient, server-based compression solution for live distribution that is denser and 10 times more energy-efficient than a pure software transcoding solution. The plug and play solution offers accelerated HEVC transcoding simultaneously with AVC transcoding, simplifying server deployment and operation. With more computing power, the NEO20 offers even higher capacity than its predecessor, the NEO10.
- XC Platform: A modular head-end platform for IPTV and broadcast, supporting content acquisition, compression, stream processing, including scrambling and multiplexing, with distribution options for cable, satellite and terrestrial networks.
- Telestream premieres ‘best-in-class’ solutions at Broadcast Asia Show 2023 - May 25, 2023
- LTN hits 1 million network live feed milestone to lead IP-first media future - May 25, 2023
- ACCESS Twine™ for TV Operators launched to provide the `industry’s simplest route to surface new enhanced OTT TV Services and protect Set-Top Box investments - May 23, 2023