ARMONK, NY – February 12, 2015: Aspera, an IBM company and creator of technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed, will share its expertise in cloud-based workflows and showcase its complete portfolio of high-speed file transfer software and automation solutions for the broadcast and media industries at NAB 2015 (booth #SL9110).
Aspera co-founder and CEO Michelle Munson will share her expertise in cloud-based workflows at two conference sessions:
Media Management In The Cloud Conference, Wednesday April 15, 3.15-4pm
Munson will participate in a panel discussion on “Streaming HD sports video to second screens via the cloud”, exploring how the power and scale of cloud video processing can enable sports broadcasters and content delivery networks to broadcast live events in radically new ways. Fellow panelists include Chris Verwaaijen, chief technology manager, Deutsche Fuβball Liga (DFL) Digital Sports, James Stellpflug, VP of sports products, Americas, EVS, and William Law, chief architect, Akamai.
Broadcast Engineering Conference, Wednesday, April 15, 4.30-5pm
Munson will present a paper on “End-to-end live streaming in the cloud”, examining how IT-based infrastructures and cloud video processing coupled with high-speed transfer offer the power and scale needed to distribute content to internet-connected devices in real time. The presentation is part of a session on “Television On Multiple Platforms”, taking place at 2-6pm.
At booth #SL9110, Aspera will showcase new capabilities to the Aspera Transfer Platform that allow media enterprises to efficiently transfer, synchronize and stream content of any type, resolution and size across cloud and on-premise systems at global distances, enabling them to handle today’s increasingly complex production workflows. These include:
- Aspera On Demand Platform – The latest version of Aspera’s industry-leading high-speed transfer solution supports the transfer and synchronization of the largest ultra HD files or millions of small files direct to cloud storage and seamlessly integrates with every major cloud storage provider.
- Auto-scaling Transfer Platform – Building on the direct-to-cloud storage transfer capabilities, the Auto-scaling Transfer Platform automatically scales and expands transfer capacity of Aspera server software in the cloud to meet actual demand, enabling media companies to expand capacity as needed and leverage the most cost-effective infrastructure. Companies can control and predict content ingest, delivery and distribution times, regardless of media volumes, infrastructure distance or network conditions.
- Aspera ScaleDB – All transfer performance statics are captured by a new scale out data store for distributed, high throughput collection, aggregation and reporting that provides key metrics on usage patterns, transfer performance and service levels.
- FASPStream API – FASPStream API allow media applications to transport live video and data feeds over global Internet WANs in real-time with predictable speeds, enabling live and near-live production on remote cloud systems, such as scale out video processing, transcoding and distribution.
- Aspera Drive and Aspera Drive for Mobile – Designed for content producers, creative teams and other end users of the Aspera Transfer Platform, Aspera Drive for Windows and Mac allow them to remotely browse, drag-and-drop transfer, sync and exchange person-to-person rich media content and files directly from the desktop. Unlike similar applications and services, Aspera Drive supports content sharing of any size from any remote cloud storage directly in the desktop or mobile device at speeds many times faster and with greater reliability. Aspera Drive Mobile extends the transfer and sharing capabilities to iOS and Android devices.
- Aspera faspex and Shares – The Drive user experience is powered by the new releases of Aspera faspex and Aspera Shares, the web-based application platforms that together enable a complete suite of collaboration capabilities powered by Aspera technology. The latest versions are fully integrated with Aspera Server software running on premises and on cloud, providing enterprises easy-to-manage and easy-to-use hybrid deployment possibilities for file upload, download, synchronization, and package sending and receiving via email transparent to storage location. Enterprises can control user access, authentication and sharing privileges, while end users enjoy the easy, ultra-fast and versatile experience of Aspera Drive.
- Aspera Orchestrator – New plug-ins have been added to the library of over 50 third-party applications that can be invoked within an Aspera Orchestrator workflow, including support for ADI.XML Cablelabs verification, DPP format validation, ISM and M3u8 verification, thePlatform media management, Vidchecker verification, MediaInfo and SNMP monitoring. New inline file validation capabilities added to Aspera server and client software verify incoming media and metadata formats against ADI and DPP standards in the most innovative broadcast, file-based VoD distribution and post-production workflows.
- Aspera App for Microsoft SharePoint – The Aspera App for Microsoft SharePoint seamlessly enables users of the SharePoint document library to transfer any size files and directories quickly and at full available bandwidth regardless of distance. It automatically allows SharePoint content repositories to scale to unlimited sizes with built-in transfer to any cloud or on premises storage.
Aspera, an IBM company, is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world’s data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera’s core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets. Please visit www.asperasoft.com and follow us on Twitter @asperasoft for more information.