PARIS, DENVER, SINGAPORE, SAO PAULO, 16 October 2018 – ATEME, the emerging leader in video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT announced today that CJ Hello, the number one cable operator and one of the leading companies in Korea’s media industry, has successfully deployed its TITAN LIVE solution for its innovative HD project.
This deployment enables CJ Hello to virtualize its video headend and service HD channels using terrestrial modulation without STB and reach subscribers in 23 South Korean regions.
Based on the bandwidth efficiency of MPEG-2 in conjunction with ATEME’s TITAN Live, CJ Hello is able to save the bandwidth and add additional HD channels. In addition, the solution provides the company with the following benefits:
- Simple Migration to the Virtual Video Headend: TITAN is a pure software-based encoder that can run on any COTS or virtualized server leveraging the broad support of inputs/output formats enabling customers to quickly deploy high quality live channels
- Flexible architecture: ATEME’s TITAN can run on private/public & on-/off- premises cloud infrastructure with the same benefits and value proposition
- Easy Operations: TITAN pure software solution simplifies integration and operations thanks to hardware abstraction and operational simplicity
“CJ Hello is committed to driving innovation, bringing the latest technology and cutting-edge services to its customers,” said CTO, Kim HongIk from CJ Hello. “We have selected ATEME’s solution for our HD project taking into consideration its expertise in virtualization as it provides simple migration from hardware to software and enables fast migration to cloud-based technology.”
“The virtual headend platform deployed by CJ Hello is redefining the future of cable operators technology: transition from legacy broadcasting appliances to software-based infrastructure. We are very proud to contribute to that first in Korea and to be part of this project”, said Eunsook Wi, Sales Director. “By virtualizing the video headend with ATEME, CJ Hello benefits from all advantages of integrated software solution such as a very flexible system architecture, operational simplicity and very high performance.”
About CJ Hello:
CJ Hello Co., Ltd. provides digital broadcasting services. The Company offers airing pp channels, local channel operations, and internet services. CJ Hello offers services throughout South Korea.
ATEME (PARIS: ATEME), Transforming Video Delivery. ATEME is a global leader in AV1, HEVC, H264, MPEG2 video compression solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT. More information is available at www.ateme.com. Follow us on Twitter: @ateme_tweets and LinkedIn
- ATEME AND ANEVIA ENTER INTO EXCLUSIVE NEGOTIATIONS FOR THE ACQUISITION BY ATEME OF 87% OF THE SHARE CAPITAL AND 90% OF THE VOTING RIGHTS OF ANEVIA - July 31, 2020
- ATEME Enables QNET Telecom to Deliver High-Quality Video Encoding - July 30, 2020
- Stacking key to survival in overcrowded OTT market - July 22, 2020