PARIS, DENVER, SINGAPORE, SAO PAULO, 14 September 2018 – ATEME, the emerging leader in video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT, has partnered with NexGuard for integrating Network ID watermarking with BISS-CA (EBU Tech 3292-1) within ATEME’s product portfolio.
NexGuard’s Network ID solution inserts a unique invisible and robust forensic watermark in primary distribution feeds for linear TV, be it satellite or fiber. The watermark provides clear evidence of the distribution path to determine the source of illegally distributed signals (e.g. for live sports broadcasts). This allows the content owner to focus its anti-piracy efforts on the sources of significant piracy. The Network ID watermark also serves as proof of ownership to enable the take down of pirated streams (e.g. from social media).
The BISS-CA is an enhanced, secured solution of the BISS protocol, with dynamic rolling keys support. Unlike other proprietary solutions, BISS-CA enables interoperability of any standard compliant encoder and receiver, with a conditional access controller. BISS-CA within ATEME solutions is designed to minimise the risk of piracy of live content with crytpographic entitlements to be transported. It also makes provisions for further safety measures such as watermarking allows live content to be traceable, helping further to discourage piracy.
NexGuard forensic watermarking combined with BISS-CA in ATEME solutions provides the following benefits to content providers, right holders and service providers :
- Secure: Traceable content, delivery and distribution protection printed by forensic watermarking
- Agility: Enhancement of content protection with an anti-piracy disposal on the decoder and total control from the source of the content owner
- Future-proof: Implementation of a new pioneer card, simplified and enhanced distribution workflow in protecting any type of content
“We are very proud to work with NexGuard with the deployment of security through Network ID solution and BISS-CA protocol to further enhance our offering across our entire product portfolio,” said Julien Mandel, ATEME Contribution Marketing Manager.
About ATEME: ATEME (PARIS: ATEME), Transforming Video Delivery. ATEME is a global leader in AV1, HEVC, H264, MPEG2 video compression solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT. More information is available at www.ateme.com. Follow us on Twitter: @ateme_tweets and LinkedIn.
- Nevion and TAG partner to simplify the deployment of broadcast production solutions - January 18, 2023
- Nevion Awarded Information Security Management System Certification - November 15, 2022
- Norway’s TV 2 and Telenor to build a sports production ecosystem using Nevion solution - September 28, 2022