ATEME, the leader in video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable TV, DTH, IPTV and OTT, today announced that GTPL KCBPL (GTPL KCBPL Digital Cable TV & Broadband), the renowned Indian entertainment, education and interactive services company, has chosen to implement ATEME’s TITAN Live solution for its cable TV and OTT platform.
As the leading multi-system operator in West Bengal and Odisha, GTPL KCBPL has recently upgraded its headend platform to complement its existing cable service offering, which already includes distribution of the popular Channel One group. ATEME’s TITAN Live is being used to encode and transcode channel video headends to deliver a high-quality cable TV offering to GTPL KCBPL customers.
The solution provides GTPL KCBPL with major benefits, such as:
- Highest video quality: TITAN Live maximizes workflow efficiencies and ensures exceptional video quality even at very low bitrates.
- Operational flexibility and scalability: TITAN Live’s full software approach simplifies deployments and operations such as profile reconfigurations, automatic switchovers, or fast updates. It easily integrates with any ecosystem and eases on-field operations.
- Reduced headend CAPEX: with software only and optimized storage resources TITAN Live is a pure software-based solution that can run on any COTS or virtualized server, with the same benefits and value proposition.
Bijoy Agarwal, MD , GTPL KCBPL, commented: “After thorough evaluation, we have selected ATEME’s TITAN Live solution as it offers the best video quality with more efficient bandwidth saving than any other vendor. ATEME also provides us with unparalleled support, a flexible system architecture and operational simplicity.”
Michel Artieres, CEO, ATEME, added: “We are very excited to be on this journey with GTPL KCBPL. Being chosen by one of the fastest growing multi-system operator and broadband service provider’s in India proves we have understood its priorities and the need to provide content of the best quality to its current and future audiences across the region.”
ATEME (PARIS: ATEME), Transforming Video Delivery. ATEME is a global leader in VVC, AV1, HEVC, H.264, MPEG-2 video compression solutions for broadcast, cable, DTH, IPTV and OTT. More information is available at www.ateme.com. Follow us on Twitter: @ateme_tweets and LinkedIn
- du Partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH Projects to Improve Offering Across the UAE - May 6, 2021
- JW Player Acquires VUALTO to Strengthen Its Comprehensive Video Platform for Success in the Digital Video Economy - May 6, 2021
- ATEME Solidifies Presence in MENA Region with Nilesat Tender Wins - April 15, 2021