Position: Audio Engineer (Church)
Company: Southern Ohio Ministerial Alliance
Location: Chillicothe OH US
Sunday 8:00am-2:00pm plus additional hours as needed for special services or events; approximately 6 hours per week
Objective: Local church is seeking an experienced FOH engineer to lead the audio production team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent Minimum 3 years of mixing experience on audio consoles (32 channels or more) and sound systems
- Working knowledge and experience of digital mixing consoles and other digital audio equipment.
- Manual dexterity and an aptitude for working with electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems and equipment
- Acute and balanced hearing Awareness of range and limits of sound equipment with a general understanding of health and safety issues concerning safe sound limits and amplifications
- Buck stops here. Be responsible for all Tech staff interactions, gear purchases, systems integration, volunteer development, training and personal development within the Technical Arts dept. No blame – Own it.
- Encourager. Create and maintain a culture where people are inspired to serve. Find deep fulfillment and affirmation.
- Provider. Supervise and work with Staff/volunteers to accommodate the sound, lighting, and video needs of the facility throughout the entire week.
- Visionary. To best utilize the equipment we have, yet through knowledge, strategic planning, and action – continually propel us to stay current and prepare for the next level. Be the lead pursuer and champion of technical advances and trends to facilitate appropriate planning for the future needs of the church.
- Student. Appropriately pursue education and training to better your knowledge of Leadership and Media related issues. Model spirit of teach-ability and appropriately pursue training and education.
- Innovator. Develop new and innovative structures/vehicles to enhance the Tech Arts ministry (i.e. ministry promos, systems, procedures).
- Steward. Responsibly manage and develop the Technical Arts ministry budget. Submit invoices for payment; collect, track and deposit all Tech Arts revenue; copy and submit expense reimbursements. Make best use of resources by making wise, strategic new purchase decisions and the selling of old equipment for revenue – or donation to other ministries, plus effectively using facility space allocated.
- Equipment . Supervise all maintenance issues related to media equipment, providing direct service whenever possible to minimize equipment downtime and expense.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $24.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- mixing: 3 years