New Flame Family Updates Simplify HDR Color Correction, Faster Conforms, and 4K/UltraHD Video Previews
Today, Autodesk introduced new updates to Flame, Flare, and Flame Assist, including a host of features that empower artists to meet the challenges of increasing content demands and client expectations, while further streamlining workflows to manage high-end 4K/UltraHD and HDR content. Some tool enhancements include new HDR-enabled color curves in MasterGrade, improvements for faster conforms, and upgraded video preview options of up to 4K/UltraHD content via single cable 12G-SDI connectivity.
“As 4K/UltraHD delivery has become the norm and demand grows for HDR mastering, artists require simplified workflows to streamline high dynamic range finishing and accurate monitoring of high resolution content. The latest additions to Autodesk’s Flame Family support modern workflow demands and offer artists a comprehensive toolset to speed delivery of finished edit, vivid color, and high-end VFX, whether for film, television, commercial or streaming platforms,” shared Will Harris, Flame Family Product Manager, Autodesk.
Flame Family improvements align with Autodesk’s mission to increase production speed and creativity for artists across the media and entertainment industry. New Flame Family features include:
- HDR Advanced Hue Curves: Advanced hue curves allow artists to quickly manipulate specific colors in a shot – without requiring any keying – while preserving the fidelity of imagery. Flame’s MasterGrade tools also now include an expanded set of eight new hue modifiers and additional curve manipulation modes, providing smoother transitions in regions where hues are compressed and further streamlining color correction tasks for artists.
- Improvements for Faster Conforms: A new Auto Link Matches function saves artists time when conforming edits, in addition to new speed optimizations when scanning media – specifically when indexing MXF files.
- Video Preview Enhancements: Improved live video preview options introduce new 12G-SDI video output support (up to 4K/UltraHD content via a single cable) for video I/O cards from Blackmagic Design and AJA Video Systems. Compatible video cards include Blackmagic Design’s Ultra Studio and Deck Link, as well as AJA’s T-TAP Pro for Thunderbolt™ 3-enabled 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 monitoring and output to Flame workflows.
The latest update to Flame, Flare, and Flame Assist is available today at no additional cost to Flame Family subscribers. For more information, visit: www.autodesk.com/flame/
- Autodesk Acquires Moxion Cloud Solution for Digital Dailies - January 19, 2022
- Musion Produces Lifelike Interactive Holograms with AJA Gear - January 6, 2022
- Autodesk Accelerates Creative Workflows With Real-Time Data Streaming From Maya to Unreal Engine - December 15, 2021