New release packs a punch with improved content creation and design viz toolset
SAN RAFAEL, Calif., March 27, 2019 – Today Autodesk released 3ds Max 2020, the latest version of its 3D modeling, animation and rendering software. The new release revamps the user experience with customer-requested features that enable faster playback speeds, optimize performance and increase flexibility.
3ds Max 2020 highlights include:
- Performance enhancements support more accurate playback in the Viewport Framerate, faster playback speeds with Validity Intervals, accelerated SetNormals MaxScript function, and more.
- New Create Animation Preview features enhance the user experience and enable faster local drive creation, AVI codec selection and unlimited capture resolution, among other capabilities.
- Chamfer Modifier updates, including a Fixed Weight Chamfer, presets, inset feature, end point bias and added depth, facilitate efficient, predictable modeling.
- OSL Shader improvements like an enhanced viewport display of OSL maps, automatic conversion of OSL shaders to viewport shaders, Quicksilver Hardware Renderer support for OSL Maps, and new and extended OSL maps introduce greater rendering flexibility and customization
- Enhanced Revit import functionality accelerates data imports and simplifies scene management and organization, delivering options to combine files by material more selectively, the ability to import older Revit files into 2020 without upgrading, more accurate conversion of imported IES lights, and other features.
- 3ds Max to Arnold (MaxToA) integration updates streamline workflows, offering the ability to export Export Points as Arnold point primitives, faster PFlow instance rendering, and distribution of the Python API to edit, write, and render .ass files without relying on kick only.
- Support for more than 270 new plug-ins from third-party developers within the first week of launch.
3ds Max 2020 is available today as a standalone subscription or with a collection of end-to-end creative tools within the Autodesk Media & Entertainment Collection. For more information and pricing, visit: www.autodesk.com/products/3ds-max/overview or check out this feature overview video. Autodesk has also released a public 3ds Max Roadmap and updated its 3ds Max Timeline.
- Brompton Technology to Share New LED Processing Innovations, Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary, at LDI Show - November 10, 2022
- LEDcave Berlin chooses Brompton’s LED processing for OBI summer campaign - November 2, 2022
- From Hellfest to Rock Werchter and NOS Alive – PRG chooses Brompton LED processing to fuel Metallica’s ‘The Return Of The European Summer Vacation’ tour - October 27, 2022