Position: AV Technician / Engineer
Location: Triangle VA US
Oversee staff supporting the management of meetings and event management by providing first line AV support, virtual communication support, presentation assistance, technical and customer support services. On-site conference room management, video-/web-conferencing virtual connections and AV technical assistance. Respond to service requests, high-level meetings, and numerous on-the-spot, walk-in service requests. Provide customer support for audio-visual (A/V) technology hardware and software requirements, conference room reservations, room configuration set up and break down, presentation assistance, videography, storage space management and operational maintenance.
Responsible for providing technical oversight, training and assist with managing personnel performing engineering, support, and routine maintenance of all conference rooms/collaborative workspaces as well as any other designated area utilizing AV / VTC assets. These assets include: video cameras, microphones, projectors and flat-panel displays, touch screens, Smart boards, speakers, amplifiers, PC’s, Video Teleconferencing equipment and other VTC associated equipment, DA’s, DM’s, switchers, scalars, and DSP’s.
Responsible for overseeing AV and VTC engineering including webcasting and video directing, advanced programming and basic video production. To ensure quality assurance, oversees any work performed by vendors as well as act as a single POC for status reporting to management. Must be familiar with the installation of hardware and software related to conference room audiovisual and video teleconferencing equipment. Utilizes knowledge of system characteristics to provide advice on audiovisual requirements (including VTC) for various projects. Tests AV and VTC functionality and operations to ensure quality and ensure AV technicians and vendors are meeting contract deliverables.
Oversee ongoing support and ensures optimal configuration and performance of equipment to meet customer requirements. Provides senior support and resolution oversight; handling routine questions about operation and usage of all types of AV/VTC systems software and applications already installed and applications developed or deployed under this contract. Responds professionally to any and all questions, from both customers and co-workers. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend/implement solutions to correct common failures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is preferred plus at least 3 years of multimedia design engineering. Will consider 8+ years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- CTS certification is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of unified communications that includes, but not limited to; WebEx, Blue Jeans, Jabber, and Cisco/Acano videoconferencing (VTC) systems.
Expert experience with touch panels, switchers, DM’s, DA’s and processors Experience working with VTC systems O&M with one to two years of experience working on a VTC Helpdesk with service ticket reporting system.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of unified communications that includes, but not limited to; WebEx, and a variety of videoconferencing (VTC) units and systems.
US citizenship is required.
An active DoD Top Secret Clearance is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Production Assistant – Live Events / December 09 to 17, 2018 / Orlando, FL - August 19, 2018
- Research Licensed Vocational Nurse (RLVN) (AD#1132) FT - August 19, 2018
- 325 Video Creativity & Editing - August 19, 2018