BirdDog PLAY Connects Directly to NDI Networks, Plugs into Any Monitor/TV via HDMI to Browse Sources and Instantly Connect
BirdDog (www.BirdDog.tv) today announced first customer shipments of BirdDog PLAY, the industry’s newest and smallest HD and 4K NDI® Player with full support for NDI® 5. With BirdDog PLAY, live event producers and broadcasters can easily monitor any NDI network by simply connecting PLAY to the NDI® network and plugging the small footprint device into a TV via HDMI, and using the television remote to browse sources and instantly connect to the NDI network.
BirdDog PLAY represents the industry’s most flexible, convenient and simple way for broadcasters to connect to, and monitor global NDI networks using any standard HDMI monitor or television. Key features of BirdDog PLAY include:
- NDI 5: BirdDog PLAY supports all the new NDI 5 functions including high bandwidth NDI, NDI HX2;
- 4K UHD and HDMI 2.0: Ability to receive NDI in resolutions up to UHD60p*;
*Full NDI® max 1080p60, NDI®|HX max UHD60p
- Small Footprint: BirdDog PLAY measures 85mm x 85mm x 19mm and weighs 97grams;
- USB Power: BirdDog PLAY is powered by standard USB-C for maximum flexibility;
- Magnetic Base, Non-Slip Grip Ring: Ability to attach BirdDog PLAY behind a TV screen with the built-in magnet, or sit in front of the TV confidently with its non-slip rubberized grip ring;
- CEC Control Using Standard TV Remote: A built-in CEC control for use with any standard remote to browse and play NDI® sources;
- Best-in-Class API Support: BirdDog Play supports RESTful API, Crestron control module, Zoom API, Q-SYS API;
- Easy Source Selection: Navigate to NDI sources easily within the on-screen display, using a television remote control;
- Automatic Source Detection: BirdDog PLAY automatically scans the network for NDI sources and immediately brings them up on the TV screen.
BirdDog PLAY: Key Specs
- Supported Video Formats*: UHD 2160p – 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60. HD 1080p – 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60. HD 720p – 50, 59.94, 60.
- Video I/O Connectivity: 1x HDMI 2.0 – Full size connector.
- Audio I/O Connectivity: HDMI 2.0 – Audio output (Stereo). 3.5mm Analog – Audio output (Stereo).
- Video CODEC Support:
- NDI® – High Bandwidth i-frame, low latency.
- NDI® HX2 – h.264(UHD30p max) / HEVC long-GOP (UHD60p max).
- Network Connectivity: Ethernet RJ45 1000baseT.
- Weights and Dimensions:
- Dimensions – 85mm x 85mm x 19mm. Weights – 97g.
- Mounting Integrated magnetic base and rubber feet.
- Power: Power Input – USB-C. Voltage – 5vDC. Current – 1.2a.
* Video decode resolution in Full NDI® 1080p60 max, NDI®|HX UHD60p.
Pricing and Availability
BirdDog PLAY is available immediately and is priced at $149 USD. For more detailed information or to purchase BirdDog PLAY, please visit www.BirdDog.tv/.
BirdDog is a global video technology company that enhances the quality, speed, and flexibility of video through a range of solutions, augmented with NDI® (Network Device Interface). This enables video-compatible products to communicate, deliver and receive high-definition video over a computer network in a high-quality, low-latency manner, that is frame accurate and suitable for switching in a live production environment. End users of BirdDog’s products cover a wide range of market segments, including Professional Video, Broadcast, Audio Visual and large private and public sector organizations. BirdDog listed on the Australian Stock Exchange 20 December 2021 (ASX ticker code: BDT). For more information, visit www.BirdDog.tv/.
- VEGAS Creative Software Teams Up with Boris FX and Dell to DemonstrateVEGAS Pro 21 and Mocha VEGAS at IBC 2023 - September 14, 2023
- Puget Systems Partners with Vū to Power Newly-Launched, Accessible Turnkey Virtual Production Solution for Content Creators: Vū One - September 6, 2023
- Digital Anarchy Ships DataStoryteller, New Data-Driven Visualization Tools for Video Editors to Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Resolve - August 24, 2023