BirdDog Cloud 3.0 Delivers the Fastest, Easiest Way to Expand Beyond Local Network to Distribute NDI® Content to Anywhere in the World
Melbourne, Australia (September 9, 2022) – BirdDog (www.BirdDog.tv) today announced a significant update to its cloud-based NDI® remote delivery and management software with the launch of BirdDog Cloud 3.0.
In its stand 6.A19 in Hall 6 at the IBC 2022 convention in Amsterdam this week, executives from BirdDog will demonstrate how BirdDog can deliver for broadcasters and live event producers the fastest, easiest and most secure way to expand beyond their local network to distribute NDI content anywhere in the world. BirdDog Cloud 3.0 introduces new levels of conveniences for broadcasters, enabling them to set up a remote studio and control it from anywhere in the world with full PTZ Control.
BirdDog Cloud 3.0 sets new standards for performance, security and convenience without compromising the quality or integrity of remote broadcasts. With these standards in mind, the BirdDog development team has delivered an unprecedented number of key features and workflows to optimize any remote broadcast powered by BirdDog. Select features include:
- New, More Intuitive User Interface: A ground up rebuild of the interface creates a more elegant, intuitive experience for setting up connections.
- High Security, Low Latency: BirdDog Cloud 3.0 uses SRT, with 128/256 bit AES encryption throughout the entire pipeline to ensure extremely high security while distributing content over the public internet. SRT video transport protocol also ensures reliable streams even over lossy networks and with extremely low latency.
- Introducing BirdDog TURN: In conjunction with Google, BirdDog TURN, a new TURN server designed for easy operation with BirdDog Cloud 3.0, enables users to leverage their own or existing provider to remotely manage NDI content.
- Powerful Suite of Workflow Apps for Remote Delivery and Management: BirdDog Cloud 3.0 also delivers a powerful new suite of globally scalable, interconnected video workflow apps for Apple TV, Android TV, Apple iOS, Android, Samsung Tizen, Windows, MacOS, and the all-new BirdDog PLAY.
- BirdDog Cloud for Adobe Premiere: Cloud 3.0 also delivers powerful remote editing workflows with the free Adobe Plugin for collaboration between directors, editors, and producers anywhere in the world. BirdDog Cloud for Adobe Premiere enables production teams to access an Adobe Premiere edit session securely on an Apple, Android or Samsung mobile device or TV natively, providing an ‘over-the-shoulder’ editing experience from anywhere in the world, with a real-time view of the Premiere timeline and enabling a compelling new collaborative editing experience.
- More GPU support, Including M1: Cloud 3.0 ushers in new GPU accelerated codec support including Apple Video ToolBox for MacOS to take full advantage of the powerful Apple M1 chips. Support for iOS and tvOS (h.264 and HEVC), nVidia NVENC (h.264 and HEVC), and Intel Quicksync (h.264, HEVC and VP9) all ensure the fastest and most flexible remote production workflows.
- JPEG XS over SRT: Along with all the GPU accelerated high efficiency codecs, JPEG XS is also a selectable option to transmit over SRT in Cloud 3.0. JPEG XS is an interoperable, visually lossless, low-latency, and lightweight image and video coding system making Cloud 3.0 even more flexible than ever before.
- API Control: New API support creates compelling opportunities to build global and scalable video workflows like never before.
- Cloud Recorder: With Cloud Recorder, NDI is able to be recorded at both the sender and receiver endpoints.
Pricing and Availability
BirdDog Cloud 3.0 will be available in October 2022. For more detailed information and pricing plans for BirdDog Cloud 3.0, please visit www.BirdDog.tv/.
BirdDog is a global video technology company that enhances the quality, speed, and flexibility of video through a range of solutions, augmented with NDI® (Network Device Interface). This enables video-compatible products to communicate, deliver and receive high-definition video over a computer network in a high-quality, low-latency manner, that is frame accurate and suitable for switching in a live production environment. End users of BirdDog’s products cover a wide range of market segments, including Professional Video, Broadcast, Audio Visual and large private and public sector organizations. BirdDog listed on the Australian Stock Exchange 20 December 2021 (ASX ticker code: BDT). For more information, visit www.BirdDog.tv/.
- Puget Systems Announces New Custom Workstations Built on Newly-Launched AMD Threadripper 7000 and Threadripper Pro 7000 WX-Series - November 21, 2023
- Final Pixel Academy Partners with Media Cymru to Deliver ‘Virtual Production Essentials;’ Bespoke, Expert Virtual Production Training for Advertising, Film and Video Production - November 15, 2023
- Puget Systems Partners to Demonstrate Vū One at NAB NY; Newly-Launched, Accessible Turnkey Virtual Production Solutionfor Content Creators - October 24, 2023