IBC 2022 Stand 6.A19 (Hall 6)
BirdDog Introduces New Pricing for its Popular P200 NDI PTZ Cameras at IBC 2022
Melbourne, Australia (September 9, 2022) – BirdDog (www.BirdDog.tv) today announced it is lowering the price of its award-winning NDI® PTZ camera; the BirdDog P200. With this announcement, BirdDog has announced a new, permanent price of $1,995.00 USD effective immediately. The industry popular BirdDog P200 series cameras set a new standard for NDI PTZ cameras in the industry for format support, connection flexibility, and picture quality, while delivering excellent low light performance.
The BirdDog P200 is built on the Sony Exmor R broadcast sensor to deliver increased light sensitivity and superior image quality and performance, and offers three output options including NDI®, SDI, and HDMI for ultimate video flexibility. The upcoming FREE Silicon 2 update adds additional IP output options including multiple flavors of NDI® including Full NDI®, NDI®|HX2, and HX3, SRT, h.264, and Cloud Connect.
Additional Broadcast-Caliber Features
The BirdDog P200 cameras feature a number of capabilities that add significant value to a professional live event production, from live sporting and concert events, to large enterprise corporate event production. Select features include:
- BirdDog Dashboard with Heads Up Display: The P200 features a comprehensive interface that provides system statistics such as the number of active connections, current bandwidth usage, and network traffic, and presented in an intuitive way to give users valuable insights at a quick glance.
- Sophisticated Color Tools: The P200 hosts an expansive set of color tools and a full color matrix. With 64 levels of saturation and hue control over red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, and magenta, users can shade and match P200 cameras like a professional colorist.
- RUDP: Support for Reliable User Datagram Protocol reduces overall network load as not every packet needs to be acknowledged by every receiver. RUDP has error correction built in for smoothness and maximum reliability.
- NDI Genlock: With NDI Genlock, users can select an NDI source to be the timing master to provide more predictable timing in multi camera environments.
- FreeD: FreeD is a protocol for sending PTZ positioning data to AR/VR systems including Unreal Engine, Brainstorm, Vizrt’s Viz Virtual Studio, and many more. The P240 supports FreeD built directly into The Dashboard.
- NDI Video Scopes: The P200 cameras can generate scopes in-camera to send out as NDI, NDI Proxy, or both. This allows for monitoring scopes on the NDI Proxy while sending a clean main NDI feed simultaneously. Users can choose from Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope, or RGB Parade and the position on the NDI stream.
- Most Formats Now Supported: Along with Full NDI, the P200 will soon support a significant number of formats including NDI|HX2, NDI|HX3, SRT, H.264 for low bandwidth requirements.
- Globally Connected. No computers needed: By adding a BirdDog Cloud subscription, users can now access the PTZ cameras and all features from anywhere in the world with no additional computers needed on the camera side. This will be a free future update.
- FREE Cam Control: The BirdDog Cam Control app offers simple, user-friendly features for dialing in to BirdDog cameras. Simply load on a Windows 10 machine on the same network as the BirdDog cameras and access all functions of the camera through a beautiful interface. Quickly dial in the look you like and copy settings across multiple cameras in seconds. And it is free with all BirdDog cameras.
Pricing and Availability
BirdDog’s P200 NDI PTZ camera is available immediately and is priced at $1,995.00 USD. For more detailed information on BirdDog’s lineup of NDI workflow solutions, please visit www.BirdDog.tv/.
BirdDog is a global video technology company that enhances the quality, speed, and flexibility of video through a range of solutions, augmented with NDI® (Network Device Interface). This enables video-compatible products to communicate, deliver and receive high-definition video over a computer network in a high-quality, low-latency manner, that is frame accurate and suitable for switching in a live production environment. End users of BirdDog’s products cover a wide range of market segments, including Professional Video, Broadcast, Audio Visual and large private and public sector organizations. BirdDog listed on the Australian Stock Exchange 20 December 2021 (ASX ticker code: BDT). For more information, visit www.BirdDog.tv/.
- Puget Systems Announces New Custom Workstations Built on Newly-Launched AMD Threadripper 7000 and Threadripper Pro 7000 WX-Series - November 21, 2023
- Final Pixel Academy Partners with Media Cymru to Deliver ‘Virtual Production Essentials;’ Bespoke, Expert Virtual Production Training for Advertising, Film and Video Production - November 15, 2023
- Puget Systems Partners to Demonstrate Vū One at NAB NY; Newly-Launched, Accessible Turnkey Virtual Production Solutionfor Content Creators - October 24, 2023