New Updates Add Free Audio Comms with Video for Studio NDI Customers; Connects Any Camera to IP Workflows for Live Productions; Instantly Converts HDMI/SDI to NDI
Melbourne, Australia (April 8, 2018) – BirdDog (www.bird-dog.tv) today announced the immediate availability of BirdDog Studio NDI at NAB 2018 in Las Vegas, NV next week. BirdDog Studio NDI is the industry’s first camera-mountable HDMI/SDI to NDI encoder, enabling virtually any camera to instantly connect to IP workflows for live productions.
BirdDog also announced it offering its new Audio Comms capability as a free accessory feature for BirdDog Studio NDI customers. BirdDog Audio Comms is the industry’s first plug-and-play audio communications with video over NDI, facilitating communications between camera operators and production staff during live broadcasts. BirdDog Comms harnesses the power of NDI to enable the industry’s first audio intercom system that integrates live camera feeds, giving camera operators complete control to see every angle of a live production, with live video touch-screen windows from every BirdDog Studio enabled camera source.
BirdDog Studio NDI is 100% compatible with the NDI protocol (Network Device Interface), the most scalable, practical IP standard available. NDI is compatible with hundreds of models of production equipment from dozens of manufacturers from edit suites to playout servers, vision switchers and graphics generators, making ideal for integration into any production environment.
The BirdDog team will be available to demonstrate BirdDog Studio NDI at NAB 2018 in their booth #C1146 in the Central Hall of the LVCC.
BirdDog Studio NDI: The Benefits of Innovative New Workflow
BirdDog Studio NDI integrates a number of attributes to significantly reduce the complexities and costs related to integrating IP workflows, including:
- Ultimate Image Quality: The foundation of BirdDog Studio NDI is its video pipeline, with the best components and cutting-edge processing image integrity is assured from the input all the way through your IP production by using BirdDog technology.
- Audio Comms Included: BirdDog Studio NDI is the first NDI encoder to offer plug-and-play audio communications between camera operators and production staff during live productions. Simply plug your headset into BirdDog Studio NDI and begin live audio comms instantly. BirdDog Audio Comms is sold separately for $495.00 USD, but is offered free for BirdDog Studio NDI customers.
- Tally: With an on-board display capable of showing either Tally or camera position information combined with support for many external Tally indicators and tally borders on video loop out right out of the box, BirdDog Studio NDI simplifies wiring and production planning.
- Field Upgradeable: BirdDog Studio NDI has been designed from the ground up to be upgradeable. Adding regular updates and new features protects your investment and allows for additional workflows in the future.
- Built Production Tough: Made from aircraft-grade aluminium for incredible strength and heat management along with unique features like recessed SDI connectors mean BirdDog Studio NDI is built to last on even the most demanding locations.
- Video Toolbox: In addition to converting live video inputs to NDI, BirdDog Studio NDI is a video interface converter, with active cross conversion from HDMI to SDI and vice-versa.
- Fleet Management: Configure and update BirdDog Studio NDI’s en-masse using the included fleet management software. Load up show presets for camera stations names and system settings.
- Easy Mounting Options: Through-holes for mounting in almost any location along with production-standard 1/4-20 threads on each end make mounting BirdDog Studio a breeze. Use the optional Hot-Shoe mount for ultimate convenience and ease of use.
- Link: BirdDog Mini supports BirdDog Link. Encode from any BirdDog Studio NDI or Mini and play out to a TV or monitor.
BirdDog Studio NDI: Facility Ready
Because NDI easily operates over regular Gigabit Ethernet, nearly every commercial building in the world is pre-wired for IP. To add additional cameras to a live production, simply plug BirdDog Studio NDI into any network point for instant access to your camera from anywhere in the building, on campus, at the stadium or wherever you are shooting.
BirdDog is the only hardware-based NDI implementation on the market today. By using custom hardware to encode NDI images BirdDog Studio NDI delivers:
- Highest image quality;
- Fastest end-to-end speed;
- Most power efficiencies;
- A small footprint;
- Unsurpassed reliability
Pricing and Availability
BirdDog Studio NDI is available immediately and is priced at $895.00 USD. For more information on BirdDog Studio NDI, or for information on how to purchase from BirdDog’s global network of distributors, please visit www.bird-dog.tv/.
BirdDog is dedicated to simplifying your transition from baseband video to IP workflows such as NDI. With a team of innovative and slightly quirky engineers, our goal is simple – make great products at great prices. BirdDog is an Australian company based out of Melbourne. To learn more about BirdDog, please visit www.bird-dog.tv/.
- Puget Systems Announces New Custom Workstations Built on Newly-Launched AMD Threadripper 7000 and Threadripper Pro 7000 WX-Series - November 21, 2023
- Final Pixel Academy Partners with Media Cymru to Deliver ‘Virtual Production Essentials;’ Bespoke, Expert Virtual Production Training for Advertising, Film and Video Production - November 15, 2023
- Puget Systems Partners to Demonstrate Vū One at NAB NY; Newly-Launched, Accessible Turnkey Virtual Production Solutionfor Content Creators - October 24, 2023